100miles to a tank ???

G

GazGti-R

:der: im runing on super97 guys but is 95 ok and what sort of mileage do you guys get to a tank (i n o i no it all depends on how ya drive it but even when its just steady it still seems heavy
its only a standard car apart from a HKS filter and im only runing 0.6bar..was wanting to run more but think it would be wise to just turn it up on a standard car without changing atleast injectors and pump first or atleast something to make the fuel adjustablke if ya know what i mean ? what dyas think....reet or rong or am i just having a blonde moment :doh:

I get about 180 miles to a tank. I drive sensibly most of the time. With these cars you cant worry about it, just fill it up and accept it.

If you want to up the boost, get an uprated 255lph fuel pump, uprated clutch, colder grade spark plugs, preferably a front mount and you're sorted for 1bar-1.1bar.

Dan

GTIR-LOZ

for some strange reason you dont seem to get much better mpg if you drive like a granny it always seems around 180 miles to a tank:der:

O

Odin

I used to get 90 miles to a full tank on my old close RA pulsar.

Rob

O

Odin

Yes I agree you can get good MPG out of the RB pulsars if you drive them carefully, I've seen just over 300 miles out of mine on long trips, Well I did when powerstation did the mapping anyway, Since I've had it mapped in Scotland it's been down a fair bit, I used £180 worth of fuel going to JAE and back the other year, Which is about a 1100 mile round trip.

I can do the same journey in my Mondeo ST diesel on a £100 worth of fuel, So I must of been getting about 25mpg because the mondeo was getting about 41-43mpg, And has about the same size fuel tank.

Rob

Mr GTiR

GazGti-R said:
:der: im runing on super97 guys but is 95 ok and what sort of mileage do you guys get to a tank (i n o i no it all depends on how ya drive it but even when its just steady it still seems heavy
its only a standard car apart from a HKS filter and im only runing 0.6bar..was wanting to run more but think it would be wise to just turn it up on a standard car without changing atleast injectors and pump first or atleast something to make the fuel adjustablke if ya know what i mean ? what dyas think....reet or rong or am i just having a blonde moment :doh:
If your only getting 100 miles to a tank get the car checked out, somehting is not right unless your screwing the t1ts off your car every where you go. Like someone has suggested get the timing and ignition checked.

Don't run it on 95 ron as these cars will not run right. I've always used Shell Optimax/V Power in mine.

warringtonjack

When I used to use mine for work, I used to get 28mpg on motorway runs, cruising at 70, with the odd play around. There does seem to be a huge difference in mpg for cars of similar tune.