1st time at 1/4 mile(santa pod)

W

WHITE WRC

Went to the pod today,went past trax thank fook i wasnt in that que,only saw 2 other Rs up there won looked a little tired the other was NISR227 nice to meet and chat budy,the day got of to a bad start as a top fuel car ripped its axel of just of the start line so by the time they had cleaned that mess up there was a 3/4 mile que for the 1/4 mile, so only managed 2 runs no heroics as was my first time at this sort of thing ,was running just under 1 bar done a 13.98 101mph and a second run of 13.40 98mph , I was shitting it on the 1st run as was up against a twin turbo 3.0zx but to my suprise killed it lol and second run was a civic you no what happened to that,i think i done ok first time out there was a 40mph head wind and nerves didnt help but i no the times are very slow compared to you boys but enjoyed every minute..............................andy

keggles2001

not too bad i know a guy with a 400bhp evo 6 who's only run 12 secs so it aint that bad what power is your R running at?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Sounds like you had fun - need to get myself down there at some point soon and find what I can do?

Good effort on the 300SX :thumbsup:

mad max

nice one andy glad you enjoyed the day i know the waiting time to go down the strip can be a nightmare . you will have to try shakespeare county raceway i will look at the dates and give you a call before the weather gets to bad

P

pulsarboby

that was a reasonable time i think, for your first run! i had a 300zxtt and only managed 14s on my first run. had to go home with my tail between my legs as my brother beat me in his scooby mobil:shock: :shock:

houghy_1

Good run lad:thumbsup:

Not bad for a first timer at the pod.

Get yourself launching at 4500 rpm on a bar,then try 5k rpm8)

You on a standard clutch by the way cos you wont be after you get home:lol:

Good times fella ive only ever done 13.3 at 102mph on 1 bar.

Matt