3071r part numbers anyone?

GTiR-Aholic

Hi Guys,

I've got a customer coming down with a pulsar at 3/4pm and he's got a 3071r tubby. He's travelling 40 odd miles to come down to me for a turbo rebuild and I need to know the Garrett part numbers on the side of the unit in order to quote him.

The number will be about 6 digits long with a dash then another number.. (for example: 454001-1)

It will start with either a 4, 5 or a 7.

If any of you will be so kind to check your tubby's and get that part number for me I will much appreciate it.. saves him the drive and me the nuisance of having to put my face down against a burning hot blowing turbo lol.

:thumbsup:

GTiR-Aholic

Don't take it off if it's just to give me the part numbers mate i'll survive LOL
If you can get a part number, will be sweeeet :D - I've had a look at his.. on top, on the side.. underneath and there's no garrett id tag which suggests the internals are not standard anyway.. a right pain in the arse job basically!

Came in with the car saying yeah it's running 292bhp with lots of mods.. it's got a box, exhaust, filter, leads, plugs & 3071r running 292@flywheel.. (oh yeah and hybrid fmic).. I said what boost are you running because that's quite low (um not sure mate, i've been told it can handle 2bar but i wont put it that high because i aint got the supporting mods)... fair do's nice and responsible..

Walked round, got in.. first thing I spotted was a Greddy Profec-B boost controller.. low boost set @ FULL!.. high boost set @ FULL! ... :|

And yep it's wired in, I checked it.. so we now know the culprit that blew the turbo but then further to my investigations, he's got a tappity engine.. with oil pressures of 2bar on idle.. rev counter not working, roof lining is hanging down.. it's just a mess!..

He said he's a trader and is just looking to sell the car cheap but has to keep his profit margin.. I said i'll buy it (i got all the bits to fix it up from my old r which I'm breaking)... he want's £3500 (H-Reg grey) :|

I say no more.. lol