4 pot ugrade and brake master cylinder

GTiRlover

When I upgrade to 4 pots will I need to change the brake master cylinder? I'll also be using braided hoses all round if this helps?

Ta :D

S

Stoned

Nah, felt just the same on mine. Long as they are the right type for the car you will have no problems

Cris

It's all to do with piston volume. The single pot on the stock set-up is massive. If the area of the four pots on the new caliper is about the same then the master cylinder will function about the same.

I have heard that the S13 lot in the states like to fit 300ZX/GTR/S14 master cylinders.

LeeSmith

if u have ABS i think that will be effected as I remember reading somewhere a long time ago it's to do with the ABS ecu not knowing you have changed the size of the calipers....

Cris

ABS will be unaffected by changing the calipers.

Unless you knacker the sensors when fitting or something...

GTiRlover

I havn't got ABS so fingers crossed I'll be okay. I will be putting HiSpec billet 4 callipers on if anybody knows the size of these compared to the standard ones?

S

Stoned

GTiRlover said:
Will I be able to get away with using the same master cylinder then?
Yes, I have these too and the pedal was no different

kevgti-r

GTiRlover said:
I havn't got ABS so fingers crossed I'll be okay. I will be putting HiSpec billet 4 callipers on if anybody knows the size of these compared to the standard ones?
quite abit thicker, i needed 5mm spacers with my ssr wheels :shock:
next time your down brighton have a look at my brakes :wink:

S

Stoned

What size wheels do you have fella?

I just squeezed 300mm under my 16's

GTiRlover

I have 17's at the moment but am getting a new set soon and am undecided on 16's or 17's...

Gotta say the 300's look quite snug under 16's! Did you have any problems with clearance?

S

Stoned

GTiRlover said:
I have 17's at the moment but am getting a new set soon and am undecided on 16's or 17's...

Gotta say the 300's look quite snug under 16's! Did you have any problems with clearance?
Nah, they fit fine under the Superleggeras, normal Pulsar offset. But they do strip the balencing weights so my garage puts them on the inside