6 pots

paz

It was probably in the wrong place and so got deleted in a hissy fit instead of simply moved.

Paz

Last edited:
O

Odin

paz said:
It was probably in the wrong place and so got deleted in a hissy fit instead of simply moved.

Paz

It was deleted because as all group buys have to go through one of the mods on the site, As you would of known if you bothered to read the site rules :roll: .

Rob

gunmetalgtir

When was it ever stated that it was a group buy?????

The calipers havent even been made yet for the GTIR so I was gauging interest to see if it was worthwhile to send parts of my car away to get brackets etc made up. As it is one of my close friends who is helping with the development of these I was not wanting to waste his time getting him to make up calipers for our cars if I was the only person interested in them.

So there was no reason for the post to be deleted!!!

paz

gunmetalgtir said:
When was it ever stated that it was a group buy?????

The calipers havent even been made yet for the GTIR so I was gauging interest to see if it was worthwhile to send parts of my car away to get brackets etc made up. As it is one of my close friends who is helping with the development of these I was not wanting to waste his time getting him to make up calipers for our cars if I was the only person interested in them.

So there was no reason for the post to be deleted!!!
Pointless even trying to reason with him, Rob is ALWAYS right :roll:

O

Odin

You where gauging interest to see how many people would be interested in a set of brakes, In my book that means you where looking to set up a future group buy :roll:.

As you know we don't allow this kind of selling on the site until we have checked over the person that will be selling/making them, I'm sorry if this seems unfair to you mate, If I where you I'd find out all the details then forward them to one of the mods to look at.

Or just put a few pics of your own new set up in tuning with a link to place you got them from ;-) .

Oh and I quote you:

gunmetalgtir said:
How many people would be interested in 6 pot calipers for the GTIR? They will come with pads, discs and braided lines.

The sizes will be 282mm or 303mm but 330mm - 355mm are avalible but will obviously cost a bit more.
Seems very much like you are trying to set up a group buy of some kind.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

gunmetalgtir

Well next time I won't bother trying to help people then, I was just trying to include as much information as possible to save clogging up the thread with loads of questions about it.

These are already in production for other cars as my pal has them for his civic and integra, so I was not wanting him to get me a set made up on special order just to leave him with a few sets that he can't sell.

It was just gauging interest at the moment and I would have started a new thread if it was going to be a group buy.

But as Paz said, your always right.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Ok guys. All Group Buys need to go through the Moderators. Its merely for everyones security. These rules were put in place due to someone previously running off with a great amount of peoples money.

Posting Pics and gauging interest is really organising a Group Buy. Its how every group buy is done.

Understand that Rob was just enforcing the rules that his Moderator status requires him to do.

Feel free to PM Rob or any other Moderator to arrange the Groub Buy if you still wish to do so.

Rishi

CruiseGTi-R

I'd also want to see the brackets and complete set-up working on an R before signing up to a group buy.

They are brakes after all....

P

Pascal

I'd be curious to know if the calipers will be sealed and maintenance free or if they will constantly require rebuilds like Wilwoods? I rake up lots of mileage, don't want to tear the thing down all the time.

Mr GTiR

Pascal said:
I'd be curious to know if the calipers will be sealed and maintenance free or if they will constantly require rebuilds like Wilwoods?
Since when do the Willwoods need a rebuild. Mine was one of the frist sets made and have been fine since then.