a/c

air con decider

• Total voters

zia

still debating weather to take off air con or not. so i thought i,d put a poll up just to see how many people have still got it? the majority will decide what i will do! anyone on here who has it and is still pushing power?

zia

J

J-GTi-R

Mine never worked so when Mike did my clutch he took it off.

M

memski

Mine came off ages ago, but only just removed the box behind the glove compartment yesterday, thanks to Andy :p

A

Anonymous

asked them to take it out when i got the front mount intercooler fitted, never used it anyway, i've got a sunroof so it doesn't really bother me, but in the type R no sunroof the aircon is a must as i use it everyday to work.

BenD

keep it!!!!, are you looking forward to smelly sweaty pits/arsecrack in summer?? lol

POOOOO!! :shock:

cheers

Ben

R

rsnissan

Air con is
...................If you if you sweat too much then open some windows (or sunroof
) If your still sweating then go see a Doctor.

J

jasegould

If it works keep it, i think the reason people ditch it is because it doesnt work and repairs are usually very expensive.....and if you dont switch it on it doesnt sap any power anyway

R

rsnissan

Mine was working perfectly. I got rid of mine as i never used it, was fitting a FMIC and also the weight of the whole system.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

just like a ford put it in the bin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zia

my air con worked for the first month when bought it but now it just blow cold air,look like the poll is favour of binnig it :D

zia

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
zia said:
my air con worked for the first month when bought it but now it just blow cold air.

zia
Do you mean climate control? because air con is supposed to just blow cold air.

coxie

bin it-my air con didn't work when i got my car so i binned it and changed the belt for a uk one. and it saves quite a bit of weigth :D

G

GTI-R Kid

Bin it. :D

Ours didn't work when we got the car as it needed re-gassing. Figured why pay more for less performance so saved the money and binned the air-con. :lol:

L

Little Erve

BenD said:
keep it!!!!, are you looking forward to smelly sweaty pits/arsecrack in summer?? lol

POOOOO!! :shock:

cheers

Ben
You're in England and you're complaining of sweat in summer? :lol:

Get a darker tint if it's such a big problem.

MarkTurbo

Definatly bin it.

My car has never had air-con so i'm no expert, but i'm guessing that it only gets used for maybe 2-3 months of the year?

The rest of the time its just sat there adding extra weight to the car and been driven by the engine for no reason :roll:

A

Anonymous

Personally i have kept mine for 2 reasons, 1 the re-sale value of the car is higher with a/c (not that i ever intend to sell), 2 the luxury is there if i want it. I have toyed with the idea of removing it tho (but keeping it in tact), as you can fit a nice flowing dump pipe on with the extra room you get, but would i notice a significant difference from the seperated dump pipe i'm currently using to warrant removing the air con?

Anyway, i say if it works, keep it...

Cheers, Ian

zia

Do you mean climate control? because air con is supposed to just blow cold air.

the air con gave coldish air it lacked the smell and chill that you normally get when you sit in car with air con i think the system needed regassing!! the previous owner spent over £300 fitting new condensor and regassing.

zia[/quote]