a good techy near me?

Gaz gtiR

Rite peeps ive put the R away for winter now as i need a new front diff! :roll:

Im not looking to get it sorted asap with xmas coming up so it will be early next year sometime.

My question is. is there any1 on hear near Derbyshire or Cheshire way that has had experience with fitting a front diff? on a PULSAR & knows what they are doing?? as i dont just want a local cowboy garage to do this. as im sure its an engine out job?

& how much would i be looking at for labour?

Cheers
Gaz :)

Gaz gtiR

ive seen that thread cheers fast guy! ive checked all drop links bottom arms, changed cv joints?? im getting a knock, clicking sound from pasenger side when im on the clutch biting point & got a bit or full lock on setting of from junctions etc. its fine when driving at any speed it dousnt happen apart from somtimes going round slight left hand bends?

so im assuming diff?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Your best bet might to be an offer of beer and a BBQ - that might encourage members in the area to pop 'round and give you a hand with it. :)

Gaz gtiR

haha good point but i wouldnt know where to start? id rather pay some that knows what they are doing! is it an engine out job or is it just the bell housing off on the drivers side like the pics show in that thread fast guy posted above?

i dont understand if thats just to check its fooked or thats how you can replace it??

Gaz gtiR

ahhh rite i just thought that was how you checked if it was knackerd! as i cant see how it comes out coz obviusly it dousnt just pull out from that side its got to be more complicated than thet?? its a pulsar lol

skiddusmarkus

I've used 2 places near me Gaz to swap gearboxes over-Brimington test centre in Chesterfield and Station road garage in Clowne(ask for Rob).Last time I asked, the Brim one couldn't do it though thats why I went to Clowne and it turned out it was an old mate.

Gaz gtiR

cheers skiddus. ill look in to them. but now fast gut has said its not an engine out job i may not need to take it to a garage! just need some1 to explain what i need to do to replace front diff really.