a little help please!

LeeB

iv only owned the car a day and its givin me grief already! i came to start it up this moning and it took three turns for it to start but it ran fine, then i came to start it just now and it started first time but it has a lumpy idle and its struggling to to rev past 3000rpm, plus theres a bit of smoke comin from the exhaust which is wasnt doin when i drove it back to manchester from london, im gutted its broke alredy!

P

pulsarboby

check all the intercooler boost pipes are still in place and not come off or loose, this will cause very rough idling and not revving past 3k, while your under the lid check all the vacuum pipes for splits and make sure there all in place

LeeB

you a a diamond geezer mate just had a glance now and the blow off valve and pipe has come loose would this cause the symptons?

KF79GTIR

Mate do the basics with it if your handy with a spanner change the oil & filter maybe with an engine flush aswell, then your plugs and filter ellement, get your timing checked, just for piece of mind when you have it sat at idle pull your dip stick out and gently rev it and hope you dont get any smoke blow out the dipstick hole at you if so then it gets expensive and you find out how deep your pockets are. Hope this is of some :help:.Oh and just to say there is answers to 90% of your questions in the seach tab of this site:thumbsup:

LeeB

nice one im new to the site so im just gettin used to using it but im sure that will be a big help