aaarrrggghhhh more probs

R

RUDI-GTIR

right battery died on saturday so i got a new varta 60 ah on sunday stated ok went to work today no prob stated good drove fine came out after work and nothing flat jumped it got home turned it off 10 mins later dead any clues hoping just a battery prob any help would be good:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

yes sounds like that to me aswell, if the alternator bearing has any play the outer windings will short out and kill a battery in no time.
charge up the batt then put a multimeter across batt terminals.
it should be putting out 13.5-14.5v with engine running, if not then its mullered!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Make sure none of the wires have come off the alternator (it's happened to a few people)

R

RUDI-GTIR

nice

cheers guys:thumbsup: ill make sure all my terminal are good:der: plus do the volt test tom ive got it on charge at the mo so will have to try tommorow if its the alternator has anyone got one near bath:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

dont you know that you should'nt leave electrical items close to bath!
it could be dangerous:lol:

ive got one, but it will have to be sent! pm me if you cant get one local

antgtir

Check the main cable (the one with the red cover on) as this can sometimes degrade and come away hence no charge, flat battery etc.

Ant.

R

RUDI-GTIR

tested my alternator yesterday fooked getting one tonight off of jolly friar but how the f*** do you get it off i cant seem to slide the bolt out it seems the turbos in the way any one

P

pulsarboby

take the whole mounting bracket off! then undo the bolt when its off

R

RUDI-GTIR

hind sight is a bitch init :doh: cheers lads:thumbsup: finaly done it dont ask how :roll: managed to get jolly friars 1 top bloke :thumbsup: :thumbsup: