ABS disconecting

bracpan

Does anybody know if it is possible to simply put a switch in the sysytem to disconect the ABS system on the Pulsar.
Its for when I race the car not when its on the road. As it gives a very strange experience when braking hard for a corner. Will probably get used to it in time but do not like relying on it as you loose so much feel when you brake.
If it could be switched off it could prove very handy when its wet as it could be switched back on in such situations. Dont really want to take it out completely.

Cheers

Phil

S

stevenrsturbo@aol.com

should be as simple as wiring a switch around the fuse,.. easiest thing really

P

Paul Firth

Just unplug one of the sensors and it will stop the system working. The front ones are brown plugs on the inner wings.

bracpan

Thanks

Cheers for all your help, will try it unpluged first to see what it is like then, will fit a switch.
If it feels mutch better I will probably look into taking it all out when the car is off the road next winter.
Thanks Again
Phil

A

Anonymous

Cheers lads
Done it on the weekend, like the pic. Cost less than £5 and took about 15mins.
Thanks again
Phil

A

Anonymous

I did try that first, to see it it worked. I can know put it of simply by switching it. Also handy if going to the start line and it rains, can switch it back on then.
Also I used to be a spark so always had a thing about switches. :wink:
Cheers
Phil