Advice on FCUKED GTI-R

Hi guy's.

Dont worry I have not bought and fcuked up a GTI-R, currently selling an EVO 6 to buy a house and then buying my 3rd GTI-R though.

Someone came and asked me what I thought he had done to his car, I basically said FCUKED it.

He was doing a track day and cars spedc is

FIlter, Exhaust, Hybrid Turbo, Forge Front Mount

Anyway to cut a long story short on the track day to try and get a good 1/4 mile he wound the boost up, and as no additional boost gauge (which is the first prob) using the HKS boost controller he put it to 38PSI (YES U READ THAT RIGHT) then wondered why the can went back and a lot of smoke and oil appreaed...

Well he got towed home and then reveresed the car into the garage so it does drive (apparently) not seen it myself but there is a massive oil patch under front drivers corner, part of the rocker gasket is hanging out the size and 2 of the tips of the plugs metled off into the bloke.

I personally thing that the piston shot up and prob bent a balve or 2 but would be surprised if the pistons handled this as they are stock and even the g.box?????

When the car starts it sounds very lumpy so I thought could have poss done a piston...

Anyway anyone got any advice to test anything as he is one of these people that buys the car without knowing cost and then does not know what to do when it breaks as will cost a lot, I estimated £2K worth of work as could be engine but I will wait to see what u guys think as never done anything like this to my R's.

Cheers

Carl

O

Odin

Sounds to me like it's going to need a new motor.

I do wonder wear all the oil is comeing from, It must of done a fair amount of damage if it's melted plugs, You must be looking at ringlands and a scored block at the very least.

rob

ex-gtir

carl i know the guy and has contacted me direct he used impossible performance to fit the controller :shock:
he was at santa pod wasnt he when it happened

antgtir

Sounds to me like a full engine rebuild, if your gonna strip it down and replace a few bits then you may as well do the job properly especially if you want it to do the strip 1/4 mile.

Then like you say there is the possibility of the gearbox being shaged :(
I would say doesn't sound good, but still recoverable if you are willing to spend the ££, offer him 1k for it and get it sorted yourself with the extra 2k lol :lol:

Made an offer for the car but he is not willing to sell that cheap as he said if he fixes will want 5K + back for it, Adv he will be looking at a max of £4K - £4.5K as its not exactly mint and I woudl give 2K as it is (Max)

YES MIKE THIS IS MATT WHO WAS AT SANTA POD, Left u a v-mail and text reg it as he called me straight away to see if I could see the damage and well there is a fair amount by the looks of it...

Are you going to look at it mate? If so can meet u and take you there as lives near me.

Carl