air locks!

scoobkiller

has any one got a good guide to getting rid of any air locks..
and a guide to coolant refill,,as been reading on high idle and mine has that,,but never did till i changed the coolant..:doh:
my scoob had to be jacked up at the front to eliminate this..
thanks for any help chris..
:thumbsup:

johnsy

there a bleed bolt for the coolant, its on the block above the clutch slave cylinder if i remeber correctly

Braveheart

The water bleed bolt is on the thermostat housing were rad bottom hole connect to block. Three bolts hold housing on, forth (upper) is bleed.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I don't understand how people airlock their cooling system.

I fill mine up, squeeze the hose a few times to get the bubbles through, start the car, replace anything that's lost, and put the cap on. - Then drive until the next time I need to empty it without any problems.

skiddusmarkus

Same here Po,done it plenty of times and the hardest thing I've had to do is leave the cap off a few mins while the water chugs round.

Braveheart

Me to.... I have drained block and rad and filled it all back up again via rad without having to open bleed bolt.
I keep filling rad as water circulates, wait for thermostat to open and top up rad... done!
I'm guessing the bleed bolt is there to pressure fill the system from cold when in the "nissan" garage for the anual anti-freeze check.... ;-)

scoobkiller

well i thought i'd eliminate the idea...dont think it has one..but just want to be sure..
and didnt idle funny till i did coolant change,,, so thought i'd just try it.