Aircon not working?

S

Stoned

When you press the button should the aircon come on right away?

I left mine on for about 10 minutes and didnt feel it at all. The dial was on auto and the temp at the bottom.

Maybe it needs refilling but this was only done a year back or so.

A

Anonymous

If you have the later system it has to :-

1. Be on auto
2. Blue button pressed in
3. Recerc button pressed in (arrow button)

After this get someone to press the blue button in and out while you listen with bonnet up as you should be able to hear the pump clutch clicking in and out.If it does it need a re gas :wink:

S

Stoned

I have a late 94 and didnt try that last button.

Thanks for the heads up mate

A

Anonymous

Mine was a later one, but doesn't have climate control.

I went to have it regassed as it would go warm and cold, guy said that it had gas in there, but the dryer was pretty shot, and would need replacing this year. He topped the gas up, and said it would get me through the summer.

I didn't have to have the re-circ button pressed, but I find the air is loads colder if you do, because it just has to keep the same air cold rather than the air outside.

Dan

S

Stoned

I got someone to press the button and it made no noise at all, equally there was no cold air

So I guess it's regas time. Hope my system doesnt leak. Guess it could get expensive!

Sweeny

Maybe it just needs re-gassing, coz they do run out of gas over time, or it may have a leak.

James.

Dooie Pop Pop

Air Con

AAAAAAHA! Cheers for that, much help as i thought it was just the blueun :oops: engine revs drop when button pressed air is definately colder but not COLD so just a top up i hope.
ta, stu