Aircon wiring question

A

Anonymous

I am in the proccess of re-installing the aircon back into my R but can't find the wiring plug to hook up the compressor. There is a single wire with a white plug on it next to the radiator up above the compressor, but it is way too short to reach.

The plug for the dryer is no problem, but there is another single wire along with it, does this plug onto the frame the dryer is mounted on to ground it?

Also there is no sensor on the dash, (i have a 92 model), do i have to have one to operate the aircon. It does have climate control.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am having the system regassed early next week.

Cheers,
Kevin.

A

AZ STE

There is a single wire which must be installed on the compressor this allows the clutch to engage and disengage the compressor when you switch the aircon on and off(blue button) .The wire is very difficult to fit with everything installed but you should be able to feel /see a single spade connector on the unit.

A

Anonymous

Thanx AZ, i have had a closer look on the dash and in fact the sensor is there, a round disc-shaped object mounted flush on the dash above the glovebox . . .

I can see the connector on the compressor, and can see a wire hanging out of the loom, but it is too far away to connect, (almost 1 foot away), but i am going to test it this afternoon to see if it is the one. If it isn't i will have to start stripping back the wiring loom until i find where they have cut the wire off.

Kevin.