Ali Sump

O

Odin

It would be nice, but I think it doesn't work on are layout fella :cry: .

rob

zia

gtir doesn,t suffer oil surge problems so why bother?. the oil pick sit quite low into the pan.

zia

D

Dee 1

zia said:
gtir doesn,t suffer oil surge problems so why bother?. the oil pick sit quite low into the pan.

zia
What about people running big power and as they aint a lot of money better to be safe than sorry 8)

zia

how many gtir have you seen running bigger capacity sump? do you think it will give you more power/ better economy/ is the sump going run dry ? how? and why? will this affect anything at all? . i bet your confused know aren,t you :lol:

zia

A

Anonymous

zia said:
gtir doesn,t suffer oil surge problems so why bother?. the oil pick sit quite low into the pan
tell him zia :wink: i thought it was only really fast skylines that suffered from oil surge :D

resurrection :wink:

D

Dee 1

zia said:
how many gtir have you seen running bigger capacity sump? do you think it will give you more power/ better economy/ is the sump going run dry ? how? and why? will this affect anything at all? . i bet your confused know aren,t you :lol:

zia
Yes mate i am confused :D i dont know a lot about R`s mechanically at all and thats why i posted it up if ya bothered to read the whole thread :roll:

zia

apologies am not trying to have a dig or be smart mouth, just trying to convey a message/knowledge. the first lesson to knowledge is "knowing your ignorance"
and second to learn/ask question!. i have aswered your question with the answer and also got you questioning the reason for and against this mod.

zia

D

Dee 1

zia said:
apologies am not trying to have a dig or be smart mouth, just trying to convey a message/knowledge. the first lesson to knowledge is "knowing your ignorance"
and second to learn/ask question!. i have aswered your question with the answer and also got you questioning the reason for and against this mod.

zia
Fair play mate i just came across it on E bay and thought id ask the question :)

Keira

oil cooler will increase oil capacity :wink:

can always add plates to the standard sump if anyones that worried about surge, ppc has been covering mods to the sump and dry sump conversions past few editions 8) .

Nad

Ive read up on these, its good because the larger capacity drops the oil away from the crank and reduces paracitic (IIRC) loses and increases power :p

Zia, ner ner :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Sorry guy's don't meant to spoil the fun your obviously all having, but you can stop dreaming now......... These big wings sump's don't fit the Pulsar.

Been here, bought one and sold it again about 12 months ago. The sump pan bolt pattern is the same and it would fit but they are ment for an inline engine gearbox layout not transverse like the Pulsar, theres just to much shit in the way on the pulsar.

As it says in the actual add "This is a big capacity oil pan upgrade kit for S13/S14/S15 SR20DET".

Some Monkey has just worded the advert to get GTiR owners to look at the add or he has assumed like so many so called "Tuners and sellers" that the SR20DET engine is the same what ever body it's in.

Once this sump pan was in my hands I could see there was no way it was ever going to fit, so I offered it up just to make sure and NO was the answer.

If you really wanted an extra capacity sump pan you could mod the standard one and fit big wings and baffles but as someone above has already said there would be no point, the GTiR version of the SR20DET engine has one of the best oil flow rates of all the Nissan engines and has one of the biggest pumps.
Unless running very low on oil or the sump has been dented up onto the pickup pipe the R' just doesn't suffer oil starvation and if it cooling your worried about go get an Oil cooler kit or a bigger one than you already have.