all electrics failed?!!!

• Thread starter gotoinstant-redline
  • Start date
G

gotoinstant-redline

hey all,

its allways something isnt it.. first the engine, then the box.. having spent a fortune on these then the electrics fail the day before the mot!!! GRRR!!!

right... whats the problem..

the car starts and the turbo timer and boost controller still work.. the central locking still works and so does the alarm. the flash from the main lights still works and thats it...

no dials, no windows, no mirrors, no lights, no indicators, no air con etc etc etc.. only the stuff above works.

the turbo timer tells me that the engine is reving ok so i know the engine hlaf of the car is fine. but what could have gone wrong with the rest of it?

the mirrors fuse went last week and i fixed that but all the other fuses in the 2 boxed around the car are fine..

could it be a relay? and if so what one?

cheers folks

L.

C

chrislloydus

sounds like one of the green fuses in the engine bay.........have you looked at the fuses yet ?
I seem to remember one fuse in the engine bay looks after most of the stuff in the interior.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Check the ignition accessory relay as most of the stuff runs off that.
Fusible link A is inline with this relay, so check that too.

G

gotoinstant-redline

Fast Guy said:
Check the ignition accessory relay as most of the stuff runs off that.
Fusible link A is inline with this relay, so check that too.
is that one of the fuses in the box near the air intake?
soz i'm not so good on the pulsar electrical side.. so far i hadnt had any probs so havent had to learn it all!

bloody cars eh.. at least my other turbo nissan still runs ok. got myself an s12 silvia with a 200sx ca18det as a drift car. its cheaper to run than the R so i'm mainly using that now.

i'll have a dig round the fuses (did you say them green ones are fuses too?) and relays and see if i can find something that isnt working... but i spose if they are not getting power due to one of them going, then finding the one thats gone could be quite hard!

L.

G

gotoinstant-redline

anyone? :(

gah,, out with the multimeter i finks.. not sure where to start tho!

L.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just had a look in the good book and the accessory relay is the 2nd one down on the left side of the fuse box, top one being the ignition relay.
Just visible as blue items on the side of this picture.

G

gotoinstant-redline

your a star! now i just need a new one of them :roll:
prolly only a couple of hundred quid from nissan.

err. also, it doesnt look easy to get that out of there! is there a trick to it?

L.

kyepan

yer that bit of the dash comes off pretty easily :) screws at the top of that bit where the steering column meets.

G

gotoinstant-redline

easy, as soon as i get that sorted i can get it back on the road.
been about 6 weeks since i last drove it! and that was only round the block 3 times!!

just hope there isnt a more pressing electric problem thats blowing my fuses and relays!

L.