Almera tino diesel

J

JeremyGti-r

Sorry for posting it on a Pulsar site but I'm after some help with my 2001 Almera Tino 2.2 DI. Its had a problem where it runs fine when cold but as soon as the engine is shut off and restarted it goes into a limp- like-mode where it appears to run rich (loads of white smoke) and sounds like the timing is out, with no acceleration down low, but if you floor it the turbo spools up and it goes fine.

This fault does not occur whilst driving, only when the engine is restarted. I've had the fuel pump (engine out job, thank god its under warranty) checked along with injectors ,AFM, glow plugs and the EGR valve checked but the problem is still there.

My next thing to do is check the ECU or the Turbo, could either of these be the issue? And before anyone says it I have been on the Almera OC and various other sites to no avail!

Thanks in advance
Jez

red reading

Horrible renault engine that is used in van's and alsort's, i sold my van because of the never ending problem's that the 2.2 dci engine had!!

J

JeremyGti-r

Yeah so I've read, mine is the DI not the common rail DCI lump which you had, apparently only the block is the same as the Renault and all the ancillaries are different on the Nissan. Suffice to say I wish I bought the 1.8 petrol. Or something else!:?

Geo3

Check fuel filter bud. Check internal paper isn't swollen/ dirty. Plus check turbo internals haven't failed used to get them run on there own oil an produce White smoke

J

JeremyGti-r

Check fuel filter bud. Check internal paper isn't swollen/ dirty. Plus check turbo internals haven't failed used to get them run on there own oil an produce White smoke
nice one I'll do that...the only puzzling thing is that its fine from cold, but do a hot start and the problem comes on. I've done 100+ miles from cold no probs, switch it off and back on and there it is!:doh:

vss irvine

white smoke is water, so its not running rich its burning water.

headgasket or turbo would be prime suspects.

i also have this engine in a primera i have and the fucker now needs a diesel pump.

ill be sticking to the benzine from now on.