annoying vibrations and creeks!

G

gtirben

just wondered do all gtir's vibrate a lot on idle?or could i have an engine mount or something gone? its a bit like my old 205 which had group n mounts,drives me mad in traffic! Also sometimes when i pull out of a tight turn or a parking space i get a weird creekin noise from the o/s front,had it up on a ramp at work but couldn't find anything,any ideas appreciated,cheers ben!

JIMMYBACK

my new gtir does vibrate quite a lot from start up then after a few minutes it gets quieter...but my old one i had no vibrations at all.... strange:shock: :doh:

P

pulsarboby

if its vibrating then theres something causing it! as you said either worn mounts, exhaust touching something or maybe the engine is out of tune on idle! (have highlift cams been fitted)?
as for when you pull away (creaking) that could be caused by worn topmount, displaced spring or worn bushes!
best way to find prob is with car on the deck and get someone else to turn steering wheel whilst you lay on floor and try and see where noise/vibration is coming from.
when cars on ramp its not so easy as all suspension components arent under load!

MarkTurbo

JIMMYBACK said:
my new gtir does vibrate quite a lot from start up then after a few minutes it gets quieter...but my old one i had no vibrations at all.... strange:shock: :doh:
That'll be the 12v anal intruder you fitted into your drivers seat the other day ;-) :lol:

P

pulsarboby

MarkTurbo said:
That'll be the 12v anal intruder you fitted into your drivers seat the other day ;-) :lol:
mark wheres me ostrich little furry critter gone?:shock: seems someone else wanted it and deleted it:cry:

B

bex

MarkTurbo said:
Hahaha. I wouldn't put it past jimmy!!

MarkTurbo

Bex, love you ;-)

pulsarboby said:
mark wheres me ostrich little furry critter gone?:shock: seems someone else wanted it and deleted it:cry:
Anything thats heading towards somebody throwing their toys out the pram always gets deleted ;-)

P

pulsarboby

yeah right there mate! did you get piccies of manifold? emailed them

MarkTurbo

pulsarboby said:
yeah right there mate! did you get piccies of manifold? emailed them
Yeah, i'll pm you in a sec ;-)

Back to the topic :lol: The creaking noise could be a cv joint on the way out, are any of the cv boots split?

antgtir

Have a look at the front anti roll bar mounting points (where they mount to the strengthening rails along length of car), alot of people have found these to tear and split.

Vibrations look at exhaust and bushes as already stated.

Ant.

maz

mines a wee bit creaky on bend and bumpy roads, but i dont think theres anything broken. you could try coating the entire interior of the car with dynamat! :D

snoon

mine creaks when I turn of go over bumps.

I reckon its my door as the hinge has dropped and needs replacing!

G

gtirben

yeah could be a top mount,never thought of that,cheers pulsarboby,i welded up one of the anti roll bar mounts before i undersealed it the other week,its not that,its got standard cams it idles ok,think the throttlebodies need realigning tho,do you have to use a carb tuner to do this? i might unbolt the mounts and have a good look,got reciepts for new ones just before i bought it tho

G

gtirben

yeah could be a top mount,never thought of that,cheers pulsarboby,i welded up one of the anti roll bar mounts before i undersealed it the other week,its not that,its got standard cams it idles ok,think the throttlebodies need realigning tho,do you have to use a carb tuner to do this? i might unbolt the mounts and have a good look,got reciepts for new ones just before i bought it tho