Another Canadian R.. Maybe?

T

Twitchy

Hey there everybody, I've been talking with Jesse(CanadianR), and Ben(benp), and they have been helping me with inspecting and judging, and making sure this R I want to buy is worth my time.

It's a black 1990, RA, and seems to be one of the earlier of that model to be made. It handles well, sounds fine, is rust free from every angle that I have looked at it from, and fairly clean under the hood. It has 130,000 km's on it, and he's never ran it anything but stock. He's asking $8000 CND for it.

As for the amount of work he's done to it, he's thrown in a K&N air filter, an Apex'i intake system, 16" Rota rims with Kumho Escta Tires (Also Toyo Proxes T1-S as spares :D), and a Momo steering wheel.

Aside from that, this car is still all stock, and been running stock since he got it. The paint is still in great condition, it might have even been repainted, according to him, it's accident free, but I'll make sure of that.

He said that the rear brake pads and worn and need replacing, but aside from that, I haven't noticed anything else wrong. The speedometer seems to climb a little slower than Jesse's(CanadianR), but could that simply be from not having a FMIC?

I guess what I'm asking is, what else should I be looking out for, because I want to make sure I'm getting what I'm paying for. As for the price($8000 Canadian), is that fairly good for a well maintained R, with 130K running next to bone stock for the entirety of it's life? Did I mention it still has it's umbrella? :p

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this over and gives me their thoughts or ideas.

Jordan

Studlife

well you should pull off the top mount intercooler and check for any oil in the intercooler and the intake plenum its caused from the crappy stock oil separator.

CanadianR

there will be oil in there. Not just because of the seperator, but also because one of the lines comes directly off the valve cover with a bunch of blow by.:lol:

T

Twitchy

Yea, so I went and talked to him today, and he said as long as I can get that loan from the bank, he'll have it cleaned up and ready for me by the weekend. I'm too excited for this, I really hope to god that this cars engine is still in good order. I mean, it sounds alright, but if the compression test is just terrible, I will be very upset.

Btw studlife, I just watched a video of two R's on a 1/4 mile in Alberta, would one of those be yours?