another goose question

C

chris-b

hi, another goose question i no. but.............
the 5 incher- is it a slash cut or a rolled in jobbie? coz the brochures/ ads dont say. If not i no you can get slash cut ends for the goose, but who sells em and how much??
Also is turb back system from the oe down pipe?
last one:- if so then is there much power difference in replacing it with a hks down pipe of simmilar???

thanks for your help??

chris

MarkTurbo

5 in goose tailpipe is slash cut :wink:

And the full system (turbo back) starts at the turbo funnily enough :lol: :lol: and replaces the standard downpipe so you wont need an HKS one :wink:

paz

And the full system (turbo back) starts at the turbo funnily enough
:lol: :lol: ;)

Yeah its definately a slash cut Chris, suits the car well. The 3 inch is a rolled one and doesn't look as good imho.

paz

mattygti-r

Ive the 3inch mongoose, and IMO its better than the 5 , which looks OTT, and far too big for the car, should beon sumin like a 200sx or similar shape car...

the 5inch mongoose looks very boy racer :roll:

M

memski

Well I've got a 4" tip, which is a compromise - the 3" looks too small imho.

M

Mr Overboooost

i've got a 4" end can cos in my opinion 5 is a bit overkill :roll: :D

cheers
gary :)

M

Mr Overboooost

i've got a 4" end can cos in my opinion 5 is a bit overkill :roll: :D

cheers
gary :)

C

chris-b

cheers guys!
aint seen 4 inch. what is it a slash cut also?
who makes that etc.?

Keira

MarkTurbo said:
5 in goose tailpipe is slash cut :wink:

And the full system (turbo back) starts at the turbo funnily enough :lol: :lol:
no it doesn't :p

it starts at the w@nky standard elbow which personnaly i'd class as part of the exhaust system :wink:

C

chris-b

so it doesnt come with the elbow, right sorry i ment elbow. does a new elbow make a big difference on pulsars ( standard car and one runing one bar?)
Who makes emm?

Keira

yes it does make a difference. The standard one is really quite poop.

Check parts suppliers cos someones making one in there, theres a few knocking about in oz, got mine custom made by haywood and scott but want it adapting as its made around aircon :( still way better than standard though just room for improvement.

The mongoose on its own is good, but you would notice a difference with better elbow, ashills made his own twin dump and is very happy 8)

C

chris-b

cheers kieran. i thought hks's down pipe included the elbow! the cheeky Bastardos!!!
thanks again!