another quick question...

A

Anonymous

are HKS metal head gaskets generally re-usable ?

any thoughts ?

tech info links and such ?

cheers

Wayne

chrisniss91

Wouldnt of thought so, but i'm no good at tech stuff :) For the cost and piece of mind i'd just get a new one personally :wink:

A

Anonymous

thats what I was thinkin... for some reason it was thought that they could be used again.

they got some sealin shit on them from new, fitted cold then run the engine, this sealin stuff heats up and er... helps to seal ! :D

this aint gonna be around for a 2nd fitting eh !

material makes no odds either I'd have thought... once clamp'd then released its done with.

correct me if Im wrong of course :D

cheers again..

Wayne

A

Anonymous

wayniac said:
are HKS metal head gaskets generally re-usable ?
you really must stop using titles like "a quick question" or "another quick question" as it will not show up if someone was to try a search for information on headgaskets.

this should be in general maintenance or tuning.

moans over :wink:

you really shouldn`t use any gasket more than once,especially a metal head gasket.when you tighten down the head onto the gasket,you create a certain clamping area where the gasket is flattened to a certain degree in creating the sealing area.

if you re-use it,it`s more than likely that the gasket will not be sited in exactly the same place that it was before therefore creating a larger stressed area in the gasket material.this will ensure that the gasket will fail.

no doubt all the tight ars%s will now say "i`ve used my head gasket a zillion times" but this goes against all engineering principles.

A

Anonymous

moanin ? you really ARE an OAP ;)

thanks matey... and I see your point on the topic titles.

Its a basic way of cutting corners as I thought. defo not the way to go if running big power either.

thanks once again :D

Wayne