anti lag

S

snap20

hello all.
can any one give more info on anti lag,+how i can fit it to my gtir
cheers

D

DOT2DOT

Need a special built turbo with a maram shaft. A stronger exhaust with thicker gauge steel. A management system capable of running it, and lots of other expensive bits. Not worth the hassle really unless you have a rally car.

Nad

Spoke to Garrett and they said if its not being run constantly could get away without the maram shaft.

Nad

Nad

Mr GTiR said:
just get launch control, as that has the same desired effect :wink:
Wat, when ur slowing down for a corner and want some boost at the exit ;)

Nad

S

snap20

launch control

how duz L C work .
any idea about cost +where i can get it.[/quote]

S

stokie1

ur looking at going down an expensive route
what turbo u running and what power u after?

heard more thanone horror story with anti lag, r u after
a full (agressive )anti lag map, or partial one etc etc

N

Ninj-r

Anitlag is a bit extreme for a road car (even if it is fast) I think it works by continuously chucking loads of fuel through the engine whether you are accelerating or not. Running it is likely to mean that you will either have to uprate things or watch as they fall off. :shock: At best i think it would make only a couple of tenths difference. If you want boost out of corners learn to heel & toe. :D

warringtonjack

Prob just me being thick, but cant you use a restricted nos system to give increased acceleration at low revs, which then switch off as the turbo starts to kick? :?:

Also, the new diesel beemer has overcome the lag on its big turbo by using a much smaller quicker spooling one to boost at low revs as well. Must be an engineering nightmare tho! :shock: :lol:

A

Ash10

warringtonjack said:
Also, the new diesel beemer has overcome the lag on its big turbo by using a much smaller quicker spooling one to boost at low revs as well.
Twin turbos? That's an innovative idea from BMW, wonder why nobody thought of it before. Oh, hang on... :lol: