any 1 had this problem

F

fishergtir

car on 1/4 tank of petrol. chuck the car into courner and boost hard out, the engine cuts out for few seconds the pick up again , this problem does not happend when the car has more petrol in it ,
the car is stardard,

paz

Its a well known fuel surge problem on pulsars pal, do a search on the forum - usually left hand bends.

Some people have tried fitting baffles etc, but not a great deal seems to work.

Paz

John

As Paz has siad its fuel surge, there are a number of ways to get around this as you will see if you have a wee search. Best way to overcome it tho is always have alot of fuel in your tank tho!

F

fishergtir

cheers lads , i do try and keep the fuel level up , just abit anoying. also my averange mpg is 180 on a tank is that normal???? no fault codes showing

John

fishergtir said:
cheers lads , i do try and keep the fuel level up , just abit anoying. also my averange mpg is 180 on a tank is that normal???? no fault codes showing
Yeah normalish, depends on the spec of the car and how you drive it of course but 180 is about what you'd expect from normal to brisk driving Id say.

R

riske

I say i can spend £20 worth of vpower in 20minutes if having it out. Its all the fun of running an R!

paz

KF79GTIR said:
I reckon we need to lay off the boozt for a while Paz.
:lol: I agree, although it doesn't seem to make much difference unless I'm on a motorway... normal driving a tank is gone in about 140 - 180 miles :( :lol:

F

fishergtir

yep , i think agree to that 1 . my motor going on rollers on sat , just didnt want to cut out.

DanDud

Id love to get 180miles to a tank! I usually get about 100, but its always on boost :D Just cant resist!

Managed 200miles to a tank once, doing 60 down the motorway lol