any advice on a turbo for 500bhp?

N

nismo550tt

as above guys i only have a t28 super hybrid at the moment,

the car has had an engine rebuild by hiteq and has all hks internals,im planning on getting a power fc and 700cc injectors fitted but am worried i could go beyond the turbo's power limit.

any advice would be great.

ps. i also have a nos kit which i plan on fitting,anyone used or uses nos on the pulsar?

thanks in advance

Paul

edited to say i hope to run 1.2bar if that helps

Ricky_GTi-R

The GT3036R is good for 480ish bhp on pump fuel mate and over 500bhp on 109octane race fuel, could also use the GT3040R which is good for 600bhp on pump fuel(97ron). This wont be possible on 1.2 bar tho mate, dont think any turbo could produce that sort of power at 1.2 bar :roll: Your aiming more at 2bar+ for those sort of figures on the turbos ive stated mate.

Ricky

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Ricky_GTi-R said:
The GT3036R is good for 480ish bhp on pump fuel mate and over 500bhp on 109octane race fuel, could also use the GT3040R which is good for 600bhp on pump fuel(97ron). This wont be possible on 1.2 bar tho mate, dont think any turbo could produce that sort of power at 1.2 bar :roll: Your aiming more at 2bar+ for those sort of figures on the turbos ive stated mate.

Ricky

GT3076R uses the 76mm comp wheel... Good for 460 - 480bhp on SUL

GT3040R uses the 82mm compressor wheel... On papar good for 558bhp on SUL... but expect a little less...

Look to run about 1.8bar to get this power but for some real torque you will want to run up at 2.1 - 2.2bar...

Rishi

Dooie Pop Pop

Fast Guy said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
you might get it from this puppy :lol:

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...OD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-021&Category_Code=GRT

wonder what two of those on a big v8 would be like.............. :shock: :lol:
About half as good as two of these :lol:

http://innovativeturbo.com.au/gt60.html
you' d need about 14ltrs of engine to use two of those baby' s :shock: :p :lol: shame there' s nothing to get a perspective from, its probably the same sixe as a crash helmet :lol: