Any knowledge of garrett T1?

P

petebann

Just wondered if anyone could tell me more about the t1. reliability, BHP limitiations, etc?

CHeers chaps,
pete

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
At a guess, going by Garretts T2, T3, T4 range etc, I'd expect it to be a very small turbo and no use for a Gtir, probably better for a 1L or something. We have a T28, just incase you were unaware.

J

jpward

Fast Guy said:
At a guess, going by Garretts T2, T3, T4 range etc, I'd expect it to be a very small turbo and no use for a Gtir, probably better for a 1L or something. We have a T28, just incase you were unaware.
Maybe he is looking for one for the lawn mower so he can np out between the showers and not get wet :lol:

P

petebann

hehe yeah thanks. i have one on at the minute, gives 260 bhp on the rr. was on it when i bought it

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds more like a standard T28. They average 276bhp at 1bar. and about 260bhp at 0.9ish

P

petebann

deffo a t1 mate. i had the engine out the other day todo a clutch and gearbox and was suprised to see a t1. had it on the rolling road once i'd done, last week sometime and gave 260 bhp at .8bar. no other mods.

Fusion Ed

A T1x (T12,T15) turbo would not bolt up to a T2 manifold. They are three stud flanges, except for the larger T15 which does have a T2 flange, but would no way make that kind of power. None of the other pipework would fit either.

If you have the standard down pipe, boost pipe, etc it cant be a T1x turbo.

Adam L

i bet you've read some letters and numbers off the compressor housing....You won't get the turbo ''size'' from any insignia/numbers on the turbo, you'll have to look the info up via the part number or match it up to the vehichle.

the trim sizes would be incredibly small on a T1, you're wrong.