any one help me

abyss

anyone have a clue on how to fit an oil cooler got one off my mate brand new and aint got a clue on how to fit it lol where do the pipe go once they are connected to the oil cooler.

J

jpward

Im doing my mocal 16 this week well when i get the brackets made hehe

I have looked and the thermo plate is an easy thread fitment (remove wheel to help access) and fit with hose attachments upright

Then apply shorter hose to warm side of thermo (has bolt on side) and place down between headlamp and body beside PS cooler pipe

Then apply longer hose to thermo plate and fit as above leaving it to rest in a lower position as it will take cooled oil back

where hoses run over/near brake servo i intend to tape with strong duck tape to prevent rubbing

Then you need 2 mounts for top and bottom off cooler 3mm alu or SS should do the trick will be C shaped and speed screwed down and bolted on the top then 8 6mm bolts to secure (attach the 2 pipes first before fitment so as to determin fixing location as hose run may force cooler red away from left hand side)

Then its on with a new filter usual way

and fill as per normal amount around 3.7L engine oil and when warm oil level should drop and feeling oil pipes should confirm thermo operation on when warm!

Thats what i have found by trying the cooler in situe and from searching anyone see a problem with that let me know if they have a better/easier way :oops:

GTIR-LOZ

once the level has dropped surely you should then top the oil back up or does it run back into the sump when the thermoswitch stops oil coming in again?

J

jpward

GTIR-LOZ said:
once the level has dropped surely you should then top the oil back up or does it run back into the sump when the thermoswitch stops oil coming in again?
Well my understanding is that you have to let the car cool down to check the level properly like normal because it is a wet sump but once oil is in the cooler then thats it cool or not

should be just over 1.2L extra from what ive read to make the mark then work as normal

abyss

whats this pressure plate thing my cooler wasn't designed for the pulsar but want to adapt it to fit anyone any pics of how its fitted.