Any Pulsar friendly garages in Hertforshire...

Granite-GTiR

Hi all,

Right i've been having a few problems with my Pulsar for the last couple of months, which i started these Threads on....

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48504

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48749

Now I've spent the last few months checking the engine over and over again, I've just had the intercooler and pipework off, checked it for leaks, none found, cleaned it and put it all back. I've changed the vacuum pipe for new ones. The cars had new ht leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm, plugs, oil and fuel filter.
Still the hesitating/holding back problem is still on-going :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically, I've given up trying to figure it out so i need to get it to a garage to sort it, does anybody know of any pulsar friendly garages in Hertfordshire or nearby????

Also, just thought, had a forged actuator fitted, would this cause the car to hold back and overboost when the engine has got up to temp, if its hadn't been set up properly? (Car is set to 1 bar but overboost to 1.4ish when up to temp but the car don't go anywhere).

Thanks.

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

lol lionel :lol: he said hertfordshire not herefordshire! thats bl00dy miles away!
hertfordshires about 40 miles from me

Lionel

what a ass i didnt read it i just posted , what a blond moment haha need sleep just got in from work.

neil240z

just to elaborate on my theory, i had a pulsar 7 years ago and had a stage 3 turbo fitted with uprated actuator, though the guy said it was stock, took it for a run after and it was running a lot of boost (it had a bleed valve set to 17psi, silly boy) anyway shortly after it lost power but was fine when cold, if you car goes well when cold then cack when up to running temperature then I would defo change the det/knock sensor, it could solve your problem and if your on stock pistons sort that over boost probelm or it could be time for a rebuild soon.

regards

Neil

Granite-GTiR

Hmmm, that sounds interesting Neil. I'm gonna hopefully get some diagnostics done soon and see what that shows, failing that, i'll try the det/knock sensor as you recommend before the bloody thing needs rebuilding :doh: .

Thanks,
Grant.

O

Odin

Granite-GTiR said:
Where abouts in essex are you Bob???

Just follow the chaved up nova's :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

JIMMYBACK

i live in hertfordshire fella and i cannot think of any so called pulsar friendly garages that will work on them probbo best to get pulsar boby to look at it...mot wise i only use s n b in edgeware as i dont trust any of the rest

neil240z

Granite-GTiR said:
Hmmm, that sounds interesting Neil. I'm gonna hopefully get some diagnostics done soon and see what that shows, failing that, i'll try the det/knock sensor as you recommend before the bloody thing needs rebuilding :doh: .

Thanks,
Grant.
it may not come up on a diagnostic as being faulty but is still worth changing and its tricky to fit as it screws into the block on the back of the engine, pulsarboby will have one i would imagine.

regards

Neil

P

pulsarboby

im in southend on mud grant lol
tbh i doubt whether it will be the knock sensor as that would normally bring the engine management light on, but then again that isnt always the case!

if you can wait around 3 weeks il take a look at it for you, but im chocablock at the moment, havent even got time to do anything to my own car:sad:
if thats ok then give me a bell and il book you in.