anybody fancy this little puppy.

Studlife

their a very efficient unit, the electronic part of it is to keep the turbo spooled while your not on the throttle, increasing response time, the new GTR's are using the concept for their twin tubbys

JIMMYBACK

well the casing looks like its made of plastic..and if that bolted to the exhaust housing isnt that gonna melt

Studlife

i'm thinking robs photo may be a concept or "early stages" the photo i found looks more like a working tubby along with an acuator, there is a small increase in performance

i wonder if the technology developed more if we would see great benifiets

P

powerfreack

go buy one rob it might get you the full 400bhp instead of the 399.6bhp

O

Odin

powerfreack said:
go buy one rob it might get you the full 400bhp instead of the 399.6bhp

Shut it gobshite :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Studlife said:
their a very efficient unit, the electronic part of it is to keep the turbo spooled while your not on the throttle, increasing response time, the new GTR's are using the concept for their twin tubbys
I was just reading yesterday (on the GTR forum) that the first VNT turbo GTR is up and running and it can produce 1bar by 2500rpm.:thumbsup:

P

powerfreack

yep its right it makes boost very early and looks like it should produce the figures expected of it but its olso fitted to a hks 2.8l so plenty of tourqe

shall put a picture of the engine bay with them fitted later

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I've been following the progress of the VNT turbos... Infact there was a certain GTiR owner that was asked to test the first of the VNT's as this Skyline is...

The Twin Turbo GTR was getting 0.5bar @ 2050 and 1.2bar @ 2500rpm...

The VNT technology is actually very old... Its been about for quite a while... There are a few old old cars that once apon a time used them... But most of the time its just too expensive... The technology is used in jet engines i believe...

Now that one Rob posted up is no joke... its a prototype...

The VNT being used now is actually being controlled by a Pectel ECU... You can apparently use this to control the veins to adjust for quick spool and then settle out at higher boost and rpm to allow for the top end power and boost...

Rishi