Anyone here from Stevenage, Hertfordshire ?

A

AJ4

Might be moving there soon for a new job, just wondered what the area is like.

Is it a nice place or a complete 5hithole ? Is there much to do ? Many R's around ?

Chers.

Nigell_d6

Oh what,

you mean to say you are expecting it to be better than the old age pensioners rest home, aka, isle of Wight or Pompey,

Actualy, supposed to be a nice place, driven through many times,

Nigel

andytb

stevenaaage

its not to bad, plenty to do to many chav wagons!! not many r about :D thers some good roads to thrash around aswell :lol:

J

John Mc

I live in Stevenage mate, It's not bad at all. There are few R's around not mine though sold it ages ago :lol: :lol:

Let me know where you are thinking of buying/ renting a house and i'll let you know what it's like :wink:

There's plenty of pubs, the old town being better for pubs than the spiky haired little fookers who go into the new town bars :lol: You know the ones 15 years old hair full of gel two pints and they think they can take on the world :roll: There's a few of them about :roll: But on the whole it's generally a quiet place with not much crime.

Depends what you want from a place mate?????

S

stomski

my housing association i work for covers stevenage, one of the less problem areas that we cover. great ashby in stevenage is not too hot though.

J

John Mc

stomski said:
my housing association i work for covers stevenage, one of the less problem areas that we cover. great ashby in stevenage is not too hot though.
Have you ever been to Great Ashby? What makes you say that?

J

John Mc

JIMMYBACK said:
:D :shock: :? stevenage ok? you sure :shock: :?
Very sure Jimmy I've lived there for 4 years. Why have you been? What did you think?

JIMMYBACK

John Mc said:
JIMMYBACK said:
:D :shock: :? stevenage ok? you sure :shock: :?
Very sure Jimmy I've lived there for 4 years. Why have you been? What did you think?
i used to go ice skating there before the manager ran away with a weeks taking :lol: :lol: :oops: :wink: stevenage is a bit rough if you ask me.........i used to the "night club" pulse :roll: wot a dump :lol: :lol: mind you jumpin jaks isnt that bad but then again its probbo better than hatfield and the other sh itholes i know of in the area especially my town :lol: :lol: :wink:

J

John Mc

Yes mate your town is a shithole :lol: :lol:

Stevenage isn't bad at all, the leisure park is sh!te but I don't generally go there. The old town is nice.

Great Ashby is a brand new housing estate that isn't even finished yet so I don't know where Stomski gets his info.?

It depends what you are used too at the end of the day. I'm from quite a rough (Very rough to you I'm sure) part of Liverpool so Stevenage is great. No crime really, no guns or knives, kids not plastered on every street corner. Quite a nice town in my opinion :wink:

geetee

Just over in Chorleywood - not to far. And a fair few owners's up that bit of the M1 - Luton, Bedford, MK etc

That's if you're not going to punch me out given our last altercation :oops:

Cheers
Graham

A

AJ4

lol, no worries mate, this is only a $hitty website, its not the same in real life ( too many people forget that sometimes :( )

Thanks for the info geezers, seems like the old town is the best part then..

A

AJ4

ah, I work for Astrium in Portsmouth, thats where I'd be working in Stevenage.

T

tro||

you'll be within spitting distance of my goodself if you move that way :nerner:

A

AJ4

and spit on you I would :D lol

still not sure if I'm going or not, usual quandry, about to be a dad, steady job in stevenage / boring as **** compared to good job in pompy but a bit unsteady :(

T

tro||

you'd be able to pop down for a slice of jamaican ginger cake you little orange haired twat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: