Anyone know what this does?

A

Almera_GTiR

Does anyone know where this grey injector type plug goes to.?

Ive been having some intermittent idle problems. It seems after my ecu has been reset it runs fine and as soon as i go for a drive (maybe come on boost) it idles poorly when i return. Ive noticed that i have nothing going to what ever this is.

Any help would be appriciated.

Jamie

Someone mentioned b4 in the forums that u might want to check the interior light bulb fuse to see if it's blown.
Apparently the idle valve is somehow connected to the same fuse.
Don't know how true it is but it has been documented b4.

jameswrx2

Well what happening is..

When the battery has been off the car and ecu reset, start the car and it's idling fine, not overfuelling and steady idle.

When the car is driven the idle then goes all rough and 'chuggy' and car overfuels.

The setup on the car uses the gti wiring loom and there is no plug on the loom like the grey plug in the pic of the gti-r loom there.

I'm wondering if it's this that's causing the problem and my theory is when the car is driven into + boost something is happening to that (what looks to be a) solenoid that the grey plug should be on. It's almost as though boost pressure is maybe opening the solenoid and there's no electric control to close it at idle or - boost?

The car is now on a gti-r ecu and the gti loom so would be interesting if we can maybe trace the grey plug wiring to where it should be on the ecu and wire it in?

P

pulsarboby

the one with the green circles is the idle speed control valve, and the other black square box is a vacuum box which is connected and runs with control valve

Shaun

pulsarboby said:
the one with the green circles is the idle speed control valve, and the other black square box is a vacuum box which is connected and runs with control valve
:roll: Which is what i said in the beginning:roll:

jameswrx2

had a look on a wiring diagram and its called an 'air regulator' on there.

traced the wiring, one is obviously an earth, the other traces back to the fuel pump relay wiring and splices into the power from the relay (when it's switched) to the fuel pump.

I guess it just gets a +12v signal to open or close this air regulator when the fuel pump relay is switched.

jameswrx2

thinking out loud here (but feel free to advise)..

guessing it needs the feed from the relay as the 'air control valve' obviously needs to be able to draw reasonable current to operate? sort of current a relay can provide when switched.