AP Brakes - Kits and dealers

Trondelond

I'm trying to figure out what AP kits are available for the Pulsar.

So far, the option I'm considering is a kit from BG Developments, containing a 295x25mm disc, and a four-pot caliper (CP5100).

I'm aware that AP themselves supply a kit for the R, but this is intended for rally, and has no corrosion protection, dust covers and soforth. Seems like a lot of hassle.

I'm wondering if there are any other options you are aware of? I'm of course also interested in Brembo/Alcon and such, but I really can't find any _kits_. I don't want to start messing about with having brackets made up.

As I've lost my drivers licence for speeding, the car most likely won't hit the road anytime soon, so I'm in no rush. :)

John

I'll be watching this thread with interest as a brake upgrade is needed for me aswell after I've run in my new engine :thumbsup:

falkon

I will also follow this as I need some kind of uprated brakes, along with some nice coilovers.
I was thinking about the wilwood setup as the price at Rallydesign seems hard to beat?
Perhaps the wilwoods aren´t good enough?

Trondelond

Animaldaz said:
All though not a popular choice of supplier godspeed do ap and brembo set ups, they only use the calipers and make the kits up themselves. Ive got the brembo 308mm kit and find it excellent

Ap and Brembo brake kits
I'm aware of godspeed, but after having read so much about them on here when it comes to deliverytimes, I'll try to avoid them. I'm not in a rush, but i WILL want them eventually. ;) That being said - the actual kits they supply seem very good.
EDIT : I checked their page, and the 4-pot 308mm conversion they supply is actually £250 cheaper than the 295mm one I've been quoted.

I will also follow this as I need some kind of uprated brakes, along with some nice coilovers.
I was thinking about the wilwood setup as the price at Rallydesign seems hard to beat?
Perhaps the wilwoods aren´t good enough?
"good enough" is a relative term. I'm not going to tell you that I'm the fastest driver, but I did consider the Wilwoods. However, I know myself well enough to realise that I would be getting something of the AP/Brembo quality eventually, so I'll just save myself the hassle. ;)

Last edited:

cmng

AP/Brembo

Why not try Endless 4 pot kit
just a slight mod from Mitsu E1-3 Kit is fit our RNN14

warringtonjack

Trondelond said:
With all due respect, I'm aiming a little higher than HiSpec/Wilwood/K-sport. :)
Sorry my mistake, I thought HiSpec 6-pots were a touch better than wilwood / ksport etc. Must be wrong though. ;)

davey red.r

course they are jack,
and if trond isnt using his r for the track then he is wasting his money,
but its his money at the end of the day, billet fours or willwoods will suffice for the roads,
but if he is using for track? then the ap carryon is up there8)
is it a track car mr norway?

davey;-)

Last edited:

karting

whats the biggest you can get under 15's? 4pot 298mm? i plan to use on track days and very very rarly on the roads

dj1qy

298 mite be to big mate. ive got 16's and i was advised 300mm would jus about fit with 4 pots i think u'l need an 280 or 285

Trondelond

davey red.r said:
course they are jack,
and if trond isnt using his r for the track then he is wasting his money,
but its his money at the end of the day, billet fours or willwoods will suffice for the roads,
but if he is using for track? then the ap carryon is up there8)
is it a track car mr norway?

davey;-)
It's still a daily driver (when I am allowed to drive it), but it's becoming more and more of a track car really. It's hard to stop modding it, even though I was planning on keeping it pretty simple. So yes - I drive it on the track, and after using standard brakes for a bit, I don't want something _slightly_ better than standard to be honest.
I'm trying to keep it useable as a daily driver, but during this winter it's coming off the road for a rebuild - forged engine, 3071 and that kind of thing.

Trondelond

karting said:
whats the biggest you can get under 15's? 4pot 298mm? i plan to use on track days and very very rarly on the roads
It would depend on the caliper design, I suppose. The 295mm AP kit is designed to fit under 15" wheels.

davey red.r

Trondelond said:
It's still a daily driver (when I am allowed to drive it), but it's becoming more and more of a track car really. It's hard to stop modding it, even though I was planning on keeping it pretty simple. So yes - I drive it on the track, and after using standard brakes for a bit, I don't want something _slightly_ better than standard to be honest.
I'm trying to keep it useable as a daily driver, but during this winter it's coming off the road for a rebuild - forged engine, 3071 and that kind of thing.
i can relate to that comment, its hard to stop modding it, im the same,
have done a lot in 3 year,
ive still got more to do:doh: :lol:

davey;-)

cmng

grinding the bracket a bit and
the knuckle side abit to make it fit
and drill the rotor to PCD 100 x 4

you can ask those mod Mitsu E1-3 twin pot on RNN14 for more detail

the Endless Kit is for E1-3
but the rotor is E4 rotor size which is 294 x 24mm