Ap brakes.

A

Anonymous

fuck its been a long time since ive posted on here, but can say ive been reading different posts nearly eveyday...
Ive been spending hours going back through the archievs and reading up on big brake kits, and whats best and what faults some kits seem to have.and after doing that i done the sums and well aus $$ vesus pound :cry: , is shit, so all the main kits that i was thinking of,(wilwood hispec godspeed) are all usless to me.
so am getting the ap setup, as i can get this in aus just have to get some brakets made up.
caliper is cp5200 4pot caliper
disks cp3047-216/7 315mm 32mm thick
this kit is listed as the road kit just wondering all those with ap's is this the same caliper/disk combo you went for?
(ap do list another one but for rally an high performance sallons)
should this road kit be on par with brembo like what gtirspares is selling or not??? :?
for the price of this setup in aus including pads, i could only get the 300mm hispec 4pot(not the monster kit) if i where to import through uk.
seems theres a heap of feedback on all other kits but very little on the ap's (so what calipers do i get)
one last thing im hoping 315mm will fit under 17's but would i be pushing 330mm disk.
(sorry antilag would have got the brakes off you but id get raped with the conversion rate..)
Luke..

zia

hi i have the ap calipers with 308 disc,s which fit under my 16,s they are really good for normal and can take some serious heavy track use :lol: the cp5200 are the one,s i,ve got and they are lighter than the standard calipers!

zia

E

Edd

I have a set of AP 4 pots and AP 6 pots and have a 4 pot set for sale soon with brackets and bells. i've got 304mm discs.

I could get you a set of brackets and bells if you stick with same disc as me or could make me offer on the whole kit :wink:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info, just looked again on the ap web site, and theres 3 different types you can get under the 5200 catagory, presume you just get one of the leading calipers, and not trailing??
also did you lot just get the caliper that takes a 28mm disk or the 32 mm disk?
Edd, you give me a price you want for the kit and ill see how it compares to the price i can get over here..(would the kit be new and would it have slotted disks)
Luke..

D

Davidmo

i 2 are looking at a brake upgrade shortly, Luke where are u buying your Ap`s from or are u purchasing over da intranet :wink:

D

domestos75

hi luke,
i bought a pair of brembo calipers and mounting brackets from godspeed.ian was very helpful.i had a friend who was in UK at the time at got him to post the stuff to me using a courier.i ended up getting stung for tax and stamp duty(bastards)however i think there is a way to get around that.probably best to use the post system but its not cheap(postage will be around 175 pounds).

cheers,
steven

A

Anonymous

rang the ap supplyer in aus myself as i had someone else ring them for me for the original price, and have now found out that the disks dont come with bells and the price quoted for the calipers was just for one. so seem it will now be a lot more then i first thought.
David- the company i would be useing if i do get them here in aus is competition friction, do a google search and you will get there web sight.
Vpulsar, yeah there are 3 different calipers, one for 32mm disks 215mm - 330mm
one for 28 mm disks 315mm -330mm
and the other for 28mm disks 285- 304mm (which is what you all seem to have.)
worst part about it is you get stung near 30% of total price including shipping when customs gets it.
anyway back to square one now...
luke.