AP Brakes

M4RV3

have you got brakes for sale and just getting a rough price or are you buying a second hand pair?

GTiRlover

red reading- The kit has 308mm vented discs (nearly new), 4pot CP5100 callipers squeezing Ferodo DS2500 pads with custom made stainless steel pistons and new wiper seal kit fitted.

M4RV3- I may be selling the above brakes if they fetch a decent enough amount..

Edited to add- performance is very very good!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Want something cheaper than AP's then the K-Sport 6 pot kit will do a good job (its a similar design to AP - just disguised).

Add decent pads, braided lines (all round) and good fluid and you'll have a good set up.

Though I've not driven a GTiR with AP's I've found the K-Sports to be more than adequate...unless you want that AP name in your arches!

GTiRlover

MarkTurbo- Yeah that was what I was thinking too. The brakes are in very good condition. I have seen some kits fetch slightly more but £800 is a good ball park figure.

M4RV3- £600 for a complete new AP 4 pot brake kit for the R?! I think you must be mistaken, my kit above cost considerably more!

red reading- Thanks for the estimation of what the brakes are worth. I am with you- I have never seen an AP kit for as little as £600. M4RV3- please tell me where you have seen the brakes at that price because I would be very interested to see..

Thanks for the replies chaps

skiddusmarkus

Odin got his for about a grand IIRC but that was a few years ago.I think £1200 is probably a realistic price for a kit now.They are worth £800 as its quality gear but I think it might take a while, so it depends on how fast you'd want rid.