AP paddle clutch?

dankal

I am thinking of buying an AP paddle clutch. I will be using the car for hard launches on the drag strip and I don´t care if the clutch will be heavy. My car is currently running at 1 bar but in the futere I want more power :D 380ish bhp . So my question really is : Should I buy the AP clutch or go for the Helix clutch? Which from what I´ve been reading on this forum seems to be the peoples choice but I can´t pinpoint the difference between those two clutches. Also another question : do I need to do something to the flywheel? or can I fit these two clutches straight on the standard flywheel?

Cheers and thanks in advance

Daniel

mattygti-r

i have an ap paddle clutch in my R

its poo in traffic etc, normal driving but its the business for launches (so im told) i dont launch the R

kinda cheap too, it is heavy thou

R

r5ben

think they can both be used with standard flywheels but i had a l&b one at the same time i went for the ap racing one and its a pig to drive with the car juders in slow moving traffic :? but its not that bad after you have got moving and its great from standing starts :wink:

i think the helix is better round town :)

R

r5ben

think they can both be used with standard flywheels but i had a l&b one at the same time i went for the ap racing one and its a pig to drive with the car juders in slow moving traffic :? but its not that bad after you have got moving and its great from standing starts :wink:

i think the helix is better round town :)

O

Odin

I have a 6 paddle spec clutch fitted to mine and that feels nice :wink: , And at less than £200 a bargain as it's rated to 460lb's :shock: .

rob

dankal

vpulsar said:
I have a 6 paddle spec clutch fitted to mine and that feels nice :wink: , And at less than £200 a bargain as it's rated to 460lb's :shock: .

rob
Where did you get it?

00sid

just a quick warning if you going to be launching alot the ap paddle clutch is very aggresive ( no slip ) and it might melt your gearbox as it did to mine :(

Keira

i was going to say earlier, unless you're planning on drag racing, going for big power or like buying gearboxes :shock: stick with an organic on an average road going pulsar.

A

Anonymous

vpulsar said:
must say rob,that's a lot of clutch for very little money.while there are a few guys that say the ap paddle clutch is harsh in town,i found it settled down really well after a couple of thou miles and was still good for hard launches.

if money is not a limiting factor,why not go for a twin plate clutch from either OS Giken or superclutch/quartermaster.can't comment on the os giken but,a lot of the guys on here think it's the mutt's.

the superclutch organic twin plate is really nice around town straight from the box but,does need a new flywheel.in total,it'll cost you approx 1k for the superclutch twin plate.i THINK the os comes in a bit dearer than that and i don't know if that needs a new flywheel as well.

O

Odin

oap-r said:
must say rob,that's a lot of clutch for very little money.while there are a few guys that say the ap paddle clutch is harsh in town,i found it settled down really well after a couple of thou miles and was still good for hard launches.
Yes mate I totaly agree it does seem cheap but then stuff is in the state's :wink: And I can only say how it feels at the moment not long term because I'v not launched it yet...

I also don't think they could get away with mis quoteing the torque rateing
in the state's not with there law's, They also do a Iron dics clutch rated at 504lb's but with out trying it you will never know will you :wink: .

But for less than £200 I'll take the risk :D

rob

K

KRS

I have a twin plate OS Giken, Its been abused and dragged several times by its last owner, and still feels like its gonna tear the car apart when you shift :D

Not that Ive ever had a normal one to compare it too :oops:

Not great in traffic, but nothing I can't live with.