Apexi Power FC

Braveheart

Dave,

I'm also in the lookout for a management system.
I noticed you were thinking of MOTEC but the Apexi is a change in direction.
I can't stop looking at the AEM EMS and have found a UK company that sell MAPS for your car if you give them the spec of your car and the boost levels that you want to run, the will send you three maps for £95... could save a lot of time and money p1ssing about.
Should just need a quick tweek at a good tunner.

UNIT: http://www.tuneacar.co.uk/viewItem.php?id_item=923&id_menu=6&id_submenu=263&id_subsubmenu=1&menuopt=netshop&sessionId=9450f4700e64af77d7175c005f1e754d
MAPS: http://www.tuneacar.co.uk/viewItem.php?id_item=1078&id_menu=6&id_submenu=500&id_subsubmenu=1&menuopt=netshop&sessionId=9450f4700e64af77d7175c005f1e754d

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID.

I've you are going for small boost then standard will do. IF you are going for high boost then you have no chance of remotely mapping a car without any feedback.

What I really like is on their site they have two images, one of a car running stupidly rich and the other of a graphic running lean.

The fact they are even considering selling maps makes me think they are unprofessional.

If you want, I can sell you 3 powerfc maps for £50 from 3 different professional tuners all completely useless as I wouldn't bother using any of them as a starting point to map a car. The starting point is the PFC base map, that's what its there for. Someone else's map might work or it might detonate your car before you get it to a "tuner"

Any "good" tuner wouldn't need someone else's map to do a car.

The other thing is all tuners will have a preference for mapping, the ECU is not as important as the user so fit which ever unit your local mapper feels most comfortable using.

Last edited:

Braveheart

Local Mapper.... :doh: that's a laugh. There like hens teeth in Scotland.
I'm planning to fit a stand alone UEGO AEM A/F gauge and sensor along with accurate after market manual gauges for oil / water / boost.
Surely, a tunners map designed around your particular mods is better that a new units own base map and if you are monitoring a/f ratios, DET and other essentual engine vitals and not raggin the car like a man possesed it's can't self destruct.

O

Odin

I'd have to agree with Jim mate, Their is no such thing as a shoe that fits all :der: :doh: , You need to choose your tuner and ask them what they feel the most comfortable mapping, Personally I'd take it down south to get mapped ;-) ;-) .

Once my car is up and running and mapped then I may try and learn how to fine tune the motec myself but I'm not overly confident about the whole proses :oops: :oops: .

Rob

stumo

Jim is a rip-off merchant.

I'll do 4 maps for £40, can't say fairer than that.

just send me your inside leg measurement and i'll adjust the maps to suit your car.

Braveheart

stumo said:
Jim is a rip-off merchant.

I'll do 4 maps for £40, can't say fairer than that.

just send me your inside leg measurement and i'll adjust the maps to suit your car.
:lol: :lol: :lol: 33.125743" inside leg.... 31.000345" waist. Hope my emailed map is as accurate.. :doh: I better not forget to tell them the car is Black...:shock:
Again, thanks for the feedback... :thumbsup: Sorry Dave for butting in on your thread:doh:
Ok, so you all think I'm being a silly bugger believing that I can download a tailor made map. You are probably not far wrong.
Given the state of affairs here in Scotland it would be nice though. And you know us scots have a reputation of being miserly (want value for money) and rant on about independance. It's a problem being dependant on mappers every time you change something on the car especialy when there not exactly on my door step. Ideally, I'd like to be able to tweek / map the EMS myself.

My original plan was to

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Its good to see we take the cars so seriously :lol: :lol: :lol:

Braveheart said:
Given the state of affairs here in Scotland it would be nice though. And you know us scots have a reputation of being miserly
Do you think with a name like Campbell I splash it around :doh: :lol: :lol:

Braveheart said:
Ideally, I'd like to be able to tweek / map the EMS myself.
That's the spirit. get advice from here, take it slowly and don't get too clever with the boost or ignition and its straight forward.

Dragmera

Woohoo!!!

Bought the Power FC!

Sorry BRAVEHEART, but I know a good mapper that recommends the Power FC, so I went with that.

Braveheart

Dragmera said:
Woohoo!!!

Bought the Power FC!

Sorry BRAVEHEART, but I know a good mapper that recommends the Power FC, so I went with that.
No Flies on you Dave... good stuff. Hope you get on well with it and maybe see you on the 26th at Knockhill.
I'm going down the AEM EMS route :doh: . I'll be at knockhill but maybe just with a SAFC and wideband UEGO unless I can get my head round the EMS.
I have a few contact numbers now thanks to Mic and others that have given feed-back so you never know.;-)