are standard struts any good?

gtir bean

are they any good with lowering springs?i want my suspension a bit softer and was thinking this with whiteline anti roll bars to keep body roll down but still have some comfort.

gtir bean

are standard struts fairly firm?i dond want it to be like a boat.i would also be using cusco top mounts.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
standard struts are fine with standard springs but if you lower and stiffen a car you need them to react faster in less distance.

Dooie Pop Pop

standard struts and springs are fine as well as fairly firm, iv had them on my car since i bought it 2 years ago :D to be honest i think people think they have to mess with a cars suspension to make it handle better :roll:

i actually take mine off road btw which means if i lower my car to trendy levels i bash my rear diff so i am kinda biased :(

N

Ninj-r

Probably the best set up to be fair is the standard one with the lowering springs.

You could get coilovers and probably have a very large osteopath bill and spend HOURS f*cking about with the settings.

OZ-Racing

gtir bean said:
are standard struts fairly firm?i dond want it to be like a boat.i would also be using cusco top mounts.
I have had standard struts, Spax lowering springs and cusco topmounts for about 2 years now with no probs. Rides quite firm and corners well but still absorbs the bumps without sticking your spine through your skull :shock: