Are there any...

A

Anonymous

Hi guys...just about to buy a BOV for my R and wondered if there any guides here for fitting it?

i assume it is different for all models...it will be either a Sheep Dog or a HKS Seq one....

Will i need a fitting kit?

Thanks

Chris

A

Anonymous

hens teeth? sorry dont follow? am i looking at the wrong sort of BOV?

edit : sorry just got it!....well there is a SD one on ebay im bidding on...hope ill get it :) name is masterkatana...the noise sounds nice..my friend has one on his skyline...

C

caz

Sorry mate. Didn't mean to sound so crappy. I actually got a seconD hand HKS ONE FOR £40. I love it. My Bailey one was louder but the HKS one never sounds the same twice. Changes at ever different rpm dump :D

A

Anonymous

ah nice...are there any fitting manuals or FAQ's around? I havnt fitted one to an R before and want to make sure it's done right...

also will i need a fitting kit for the Sheep Dog...? If I win it it has come from a 200SX...

G

GTI-R Kid

Musashi said:
well there is a SD one on ebay im bidding on...hope ill get it :) name is masterkatana...
So you're ther guy who keeps outbidding me! :twisted: :wink:

C

caz

Do a search for fitting a dump valve. To be honust its a peice of P**s. I was a total amitur(spell) before I got the R. I've done all the work to my car. The first dump valve I fitted I took the intercooler off which was much easier to see stuff, but the HKS was fitted with it still in place and brute force to squeeze it in the rubber hose. I actually used the top of an HP brown sauce bottle for my blank :D Perfct fit

A

Anonymous

okely dokey...a friend of mine who's part mechanic is helping me...put on new BOV, HKS plugs, magnecor leads and Apexi air filter...

cant wait!!!

C

caz

helping me...put on new BOV, HKS plugs, magnecor leads and Apexi air filter...
All bolt on and a doddle. Its a bit sad but you wouldn't believe the good feeling you get when you fit stuff to your car yourself :oops: