autech pulsars

gtirx2

I was reading on the nissangtir site about autech pulsars does anyone know anymore info about this?
I am asking because mine had the autech sticker on it when i brought it till i peeled it off:?
Is there any difference between the RB pulsar and the autech or is it just a load of bollox and means nothing?Also is there any RA pulsars with the autech stickers on or is it just on the RBs?
cheers for any info:)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I'm pretty sure the Autech engines from the Pulsars are actually just 200bhp SR20DE engines used in one of the Pulsars... Not the SR20DET from the RNN14 GTiR Pulsar..

Rishi

G

GTI-R Kid

RishiGTiR said:
I'm pretty sure the Autech engines from the Pulsars are actually just 200bhp SR20DE engines used in one of the Pulsars... Not the SR20DET from the RNN14 GTiR Pulsar..

Rishi
I think you're right Rishi. The S15 Silvia was the same idea - Autech was a highly tuned NA version of the SR20;-)

gtirx2

I thought they listed that they built a few autech pulsar gti-rs on the autech web site i could be wrong i will have a look.Also i think fast guy checked someones chassis number and it came back that it was built by autech or something like that i will have to speck to him?

gtirx2

How do you check the chassis number is it something i could do myself?
If not if i asked nicely could you check mine for me;-)
I think autech Rs are the same as the RBs but just with aftermarket parts like suspension,pistons,turbos and rollcages or what ever the original customer wanted that the nismo/nissan options did not offer but i am proberbly wrong.
My R had loads of suspension parts on it and used to have a half rollcage in it and probebly had a hard life as a part track car or something like that.
Does that website prove that autech played with some Rs or not tho?:?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
PM me yours. You need Nissan FAST, it's the dealer parts software which can be found on the net, but takes forever to download.

Autech definately played with some Gtirs, but it's a case of what they did.

gtirx2

Mine turns out not to be a autech built R:sad: But is there any other Rs out there that has got the autech sticker under the gti-r badge on the back?And is it a RB spec R?Also what spec was it in when you got it?
I want to know what thay did coz autech knocked out some pretty special moters8)

gtirx2

What is the standed spec of yours have you got the cheap interior,plastic door cards and roof lineing, rubber gear lever gaiter and nob and have you got a vent where the umbrella holders ment to be?
Mine did have A/C has yours?
The RBs specs seem to vary a fare bit from car to car its like nissan gives you a load of options to make it heavy again:der:
I wonder whos got the highest spec RB out there?
P.S my spelling is proper crap as you have proberby seen by now:oops: :lol:

gtirx2

Yer looks the same as mine but my front seats has behine changed for normal ones.
What sort of windscreen washer bottle have you got mine did sit inside the engine bay insted of under the inner wing til i got a front mount its now in the boot.
Also did the RBs have thinner body panals like the early evo1-3rs's? coz my doors and roof are well tinney.

N

neomccollum

Mine has the "Autech" badge under the GTiR badge, my car isn't an RB, but an RA (1991). I brought mine over from Japan here to Canada, but it was highly modded so I couldn't tell you what was different from the stock one and part of an Autech package or not.

gtirx2

neomccollum said:
Mine has the "Autech" badge under the GTiR badge, my car isn't an RB, but an RA (1991). I brought mine over from Japan here to Canada, but it was highly modded so I couldn't tell you what was different from the stock one and part of an Autech package or not.
What sort of mods did your car have on it?
Mine came with mostly chassis mods like ohlins dampers with pillow ball top mounts,nismo rear anti-rollbar,uprated drop links and it also looks to of had a half roll cage in it at some point,also had eye bolts under the rear seat for harnesses.
Looks to have been track bias, but it still had standard brakes and small 14inch eniki rims so god knows:lol: