Auto Gearbox

U

UK2004

I read a threa before about putting an auto gearbox into a Pulsar GTI, I now need auto after serious knee injury, anyone know who could do the conversion and do a good job of it?

marcymarc

UK2004 said:
I read a threa before about putting an auto gearbox into a Pulsar GTI, I now need auto after serious knee injury, anyone know who could do the conversion and do a good job of it?

Can you remember where you read the origonal thread mate??

Was it on here?

marcymarc

UK2004 said:

To be honest mate , ive just read the thread and no one actually mentions anything about it definatley being able to be done.

There is an idea or two how it (maybe) could be done , but nothing definate.

U

UK2004

Do you knwo of any tuners who you think could do a good job of it if they had the right idea?

marcymarc

If i were you id give somewhere like HI-TEQ , RC DEVELOPMENTS or NORRIS DESIGNS a ring , they are all ace :wink:

U

UK2004

Good man, thanks for that I'll see who's nearest me and give them a buzz, cheers.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
if its not possible - you should seriously consider a little auto starlet turbo, you can pick them up unbelievably cheap

U

UK2004

I thought of Starlet GT Turbo but they are only fwd and much less power, do you think it would feel slow in comparison to the GTIR?

Dooie Pop Pop

i thought you said you wanted to put an auto box on a gti not a gtir :? then relised you dont want fwd :oops:

do us a favour and keep us poted on what happens mate :D

Fire & skill

Vintage member
UK2004 said:
I thought of Starlet GT Turbo but they are only fwd and much less power, do you think it would feel slow in comparison to the GTIR?
they only weigh 800 kg mate :wink: on a rolling start there wont be much between a gtir and a starlet, from standstill though the gtir will have it easy.

ram5ay

When I first got my R i was weighing up against getting a starlet, worked out you only have to get a starlet up to just over 150 brake for it to have the same power to weight ratio as a standard R.
I would buy an auto twin turbo supra if I had to do without a clutch.