Autotesting the R ... Any hints or tips

GTI_R

Going to be using the R next year as my vehicle for my local car clubs Autotesting / time trials ..

Car has 320bhp - standard suspesnion , Big brakes , cusco front and rear upper braces and willwood 4 point lower brace and is fully polybushed
Don't want to be fitting coilovers etc as my local roads are terrible and will make the car undrivable ,
Would love to go to 15inch wheels but the brakes are to big

Max speeds will be 40-50mph 1st and 2nd sometimes 3rd but rarely

There is Tarmac , grass field , and a gravel quarry ,

Never done time trials so does anybody have any hints or tips or for improving the way the R copes with the tight corners etc ? ..
Any easy mods that will help turn in or low speed front end grip?
Or any tips in general

MarkTurbo

The best thing to do is just go out and enjoy it ;-)

I've done autotests with my local motor club on tarmac and grass field events and gti-r's are really not suited to it as they are usually too tight and twisty and suit FWD cars with a good handbrake. My daily runner with 90bhp is way quicker than my Sunny with over 4 times that power!

Born Again

4wd and autotesting tend not to go together well.
IMHO they have way too much grip/traction to make them suitable for that branch of motorsport.

GTI_R

Well we will find out how the R compares to the other 4wd motors that take part ..
there is 2 x subaru's both turbo and SWMBO'S Evo 4

Born Again

Well we will find out how the R compares to the other 4wd motors that take part ..
there is 2 x subaru's both turbo and SWMBO'S Evo 4
Autotesting is tough enough on the mechanicals of a 2wd car. Add 4wd to the mix and there will be a lot of mechanical stress. Good luck, but I'd expect to have components fail all too regularly.