B*st*rd car stranded me at work.. :(

geetee

Just gone to clear off home as I am going ooop North this avo (well supposed to be!). But the car won't start.

I think the fuel pump's packed in..... the relay under the bonnet for it clicks over but there's not the usual short whiny noise of the pump priming.

It was running perfectly when I parked up at 6am - now it turns over but won't start.

I'm assuming it's the pump cos I can't hear it prime - but could just as easily be an ignition fault - but with no tools I'm stuffed.

I hate this car at times :evil:

Now I've gotta wait for the AA to show and determine they can;t fix it - which they won't. Then I'll have to wait again for a flatbed, cos the car can't be towed.

damn damn damn :evil: :evil:

rant over

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

youngsyp

I'd check the relay first. Could be cracking in the solder or just blown. It may switch but, not switch properly to supply the pump circuit with power !Same thing happened to an old VW of mine !

HTH

Paul

Rav

i had that same problem it ticks over but jus wont start check the dizzy and r/arm. u may jus need a fuel pump relay. also check the earth for the pump as mine was perishing away clean it up and re-earth it.

S

Stoned

Now I've gotta wait for the AA to show and determine they can;t fix it - which they won't. Then I'll have to wait again for a flatbed, cos the car can't be towed.
LOL :lol:

That's so true. I've called the AA out half a dozen times on various cars and they have NEVER been able to fix a single problem at the road side. The only reason I am a member still is the relay service which could potentially save you a fortune

mattygti-r

yeah ditto

and when they did come to have a look at my R one AA guy bodged it and caused me to have another break down ffs :lol: