baffle plates

coxie

on the under side of the cam cover there are several plates held on with sealer and rivets.what are these for and can they be removed as i am in the middle of stripping my engine and wondered what they are for

if they are to do with the vent which goes to the throttle body i have blocked this of and removed all pipework from behind the cam cover.does this make a difference.

ashills

mesh on mine was allbbunged up with crap so ripped them out lol
but ive got a filter to go on it when it goes back together

coxie

so do i have to put them back as i presume people who have fitted primera covers havnt fitted these plates to them. :?:

skiddusmarkus

I would refit it-make sure you do a good job with the sealant and no bits of rivet are left inside to fo floating round your engine.
Ju5ty stripped his-maybe he can help.

coxie

cheers for the help skids/lads.already pm'ed justy and had some help from him.

what are your views on the situation of primera covers.

JU5TY

Yeah I removed the plates to clean behind them, you can see how dirty they were below.
I re attached the plates using sealant, was unable to rivet them back down, so tapped the holes and bolted them down and used permanent lock tight. (Little bit worried about these bolts, but should be kool)

As for do we need them, I not sure to be honest...

zia

you,ll have excuse my ignorance but why change to primera cover is there something wrong with sunny covers? and is there really any need to remove something that nissan in their infinte wisdom thought that was necessary? why are the breather filters there? what will happen if you remove them? am not trying to be fussy but can you honestly say that you can change something/modify without causing some sort problem? a little knowledge as they say is dangerous thing!!

zia

coxie

:evil: primera covers seem to be used for the lettering on them and just as an alternative. 8)

what should i do???? :? ask no fooking questions anymore? :?: forum would last long if nobody asked anything wouldnt it.if you have nothing constructive to say and arent interested in this post go away. :!: :roll:

and why modify the cars at all if your view is nissan put stuff on in infinate wisdom. :roll:

zia

easy tiger :oops: am not critcising you or trying to be offensive in any way just assumed that on the primera and sunny cover where basically the same!! which is why i asked why change them!! as regards to removing the baffles i ,ve answered your question i was merely trying get you to understand what would occur if you removed them totally!!!for instance blocking the inlet cam breather will no doubt build positive pressure on that side so where will the oxidesed air escape it carn,t go to the exhaust side because it,s parttioned!!!!! :twisted: alot of problem are cuased by people not having clue what they doing or understanding why/ when / which etc how manufacture build thier engines. :roll: if this offend then i would gladly keep my nose out of your topics and thats as they say is that. nuff said!!!!!

zia

coxie

:? ok zia you werent been funny? :D

as for the inlet cam breather in the last four months i have read an awful lot about these being blocked off and linking both banks of cylinders together.some people claim they have ran for at least three years without problems? :?: :?: :D

ALL OWNERS WHO HAVE REMOVED THE PIPES AT THE REAR OF THE CAM COVER CAN YOU POST YOUR EXPERIENCES AS I AND AM SURE OTHER PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. :D :D :D