Batter my battery

SPEN

Thats it! enough is enough! Mot time in the morning and gone to start it earlier and battery flat! New battery in last four months charged over night the other day and a solar trickle charger plugged in for good measure! As you have probably guessed its a ruddy stupid 36a jap crap spec small posted battery! If it passes in the morning im changing the terminals to big ones and fitting a chernobyl strength diesel battery!!!! :x:x:x:x:x

Animaldaz

When I had the oe battery It never let me down, ive since changed to a bigger battery in the boot. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's not faulty but it sounds more like you have a drain somewhere that's flattening the battery over a short time. You need it checked out because a bigger battery may not cure your problem.

SPEN

Yes that something im going to look at tommorow? Could a bad earth cause it???? Cheers for that :)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
When I had the oe battery It never let me down, ive since changed to a bigger battery in the boot. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's not faulty but it sounds more like you have a drain somewhere that's flattening the battery over a short time. You need it checked out because a bigger battery may not cure your problem.
I too have always had the OE battery (same as a Micra) without any problems. If it's not the earth, I'd check that the alternator is actually putting out the right voltage.

Interestingly Skylines are known for eating batteries; I don't know why, but mine could flatten the battery within a week if you didn't drive it (or at least leave it on the trickle charger).

skiddusmarkus

I can't see a solar trickle charger doing much unless the panel is about as big as the car.I looked into getting solar power for the house( a company does it for free) and the panels only generated 1-200w each max and they were about 1mx0.5m each.
Have you thought about a battery conitioner?Plenty on ebay, I got an ctk xs800 for £28 delivered.

stumo

It won't be the battery causing your problems....look elsewhere.

something draining it, not enough charge from the elternator, poor earths etc etc etc

Why do people automatically assume that it's the battery when it's flat? :der::der::der:

SPEN

Went and got the battery tested and its fooked! 6 months old and never used on the road but its goosed! Should be under guarantee so big mahusive nuclear reactor battery here we come!!!!!!

SPEN

Went and changed the duff battery today and paid an extra 8 quid for a thumper of a diesel battery.More amps more cranking power and not too big size wise.Changed terminals for the larger type and all looks good :)