Been worried over the past few days..........

scottyd

Over the past few days, whenever i have boosted it properly:lol: , i have noticed the car sort of "jumps", feels like it slows down and speeds up, noticed it only happens in damp weather, coincidence? Well i found out that its not actually my engine or anything like that, just my bloody tyres losing grip!! my tyres are in good nick, but they arent performance ones, so i dont blame them for wimping out, guess i have to keep the full on acceleration for dry days:-D

scottyd

The car is 348 at the wheels and 400ft/lbs torque, is it possible that the tyres are losing grip, or is it most likley to be the clutch:cry: ? It shouldnt be the clutch, because i have never launched it, i have only ever accelerated from rolling, i only notice the jumping/juddering at around 5k rpm, when the car is at peak power, i have tried accelerating slowly through the rev range and everything is normal, its just when it is foot to the floor at max power. Has anyone else had anything like this?

Last edited:

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
I was having the same problem on mine...turned out to be the knock sensor :doh:

Do a fault code check and see what comes up....and take it steady with y'right foot until you've sussed it :)

Cheers,

donpulsar :)