best clutch please

mohsan

my car is 279bhp 271ftlb,its running 1 bar. I have heard of a few clutches just wanted to know the one thatl suit me best,i do alot of hard driving,and fear that itl go again after changing it.
Is their any tough clutches out hteir, make? type? cost? where to purchase?
i think itl be a good idea to get a clutch that could handle slightly more power

Moved to tuning - Nikko

E

Edd

If your upping the power you need the best clutch 8) :lol:

OS Giken twin plate

no point having the power and skimping on a clutch as i remember a certain red car at totb2 had a sh*t clutch and it slipped down the whole strip :wink: :wink: :wink:

A

Anonymous

Edd said:
no point having the power and skimping on a clutch as i remember a certain red car at totb2 had a sh*t clutch and it slipped down the whole strip :wink: :wink: :wink:
ouch :!: :!: :!: :!:
you btich :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

E

Edd

although that red car only had 380bhp so couldn't have been that quick :wink:

the os giken will most likely destory your gearbox though due to bein unsprung.

Depends on your tuning goal and power leve, organics seem to hold up to 400bhp but if dragging won't last long, depends how kind you are to your clutch aswell :wink:

A

Anonymous

Edd said:
although that red car only had 380bhp so couldn't have been that quick :wink:
didn`t even have that :shock: it still had the apexi kit on and was running like a bag of siht :twisted:

it`s better now tho :wink:

mohsan

am not looking to keep it at 280bhp 271ftlb

sorry but im new to the forum,i would just like to know best clutch reccomended for my car that is gear box friendly,and for 280bhp 271ftlb power.I drive the car quite hard so please if someone could help and tell me best place for price and where to purchase,as i am having difficulty searching

E

Edd

sounds like an AP or helix organic then is fine for you

try srb power, gtir spares, hiteq, abbey, most tuning suppliers can get them

B

beast14

I've just installed an ACT 6pock with ACT Xtreme Pressure Plate - a bit harsh but damn it works!!!!!!!.........and my car is daily driven.....