Best 'fast road' brake pads?

S

Stoned

Mine are OE I think and almost worn down.

What's the best aftermarket replacements. Not looking for race pads that need to heat up etc.

Many thanks

O

Odin

Pagid by far :wink: much better than the mintex I had fitted before :cry:

rob

S

Stoned

Pagid it is then. Model E1898 it appears

Where should I get them from, and which compound is best?

Seems to be a choice between Black or Blue for road use

O

Odin

I had the road use pads on the back and I found them to be spot on :wink: .

rob

hmmm

Mintex C-Tech M1144 - They work from cold and I find them to be excellent although I have never used Pagid Pads.

O

Odin

I just found that the mintex 1144 pad's where to hard for me, The rear disc's used to have a rusty ring around with them fitted, But when I fitted the pagid pads I found that all the disc was being used and I could feel the rear's doing some work for the first time ever 8) .

I also fitted the pagid on the front of my old car which had standard brake's and found them to be very good also, But I had bought the pagid
disc's to match :D .

rob

Shaun

:D Pagid pads as vpulsar said,HMR40 used Mintex on his car,pretty good braking,but wore out in 600 miles :shock: Fitted Pagid FastRoad pads off Gary and the braking was noticeably better 8)

N

N1SMO

i have just tried the new ceramic red stuff as i read a few articles from rally drivers testing them. i have always stayed clear of ebc in the past and used mintex 1144 or 1155.

all i can say is if they aint warmed up first they aint working but once i get some heat into them they have some serious bite at the expense of my new discs

S

Stoned

Mint lads, but where from that sells for them for less than £100!! :shock:

N

N1SMO

dont think they have a website but i thought it was a national parts supplier, might be that they are just in central scotland. but thats where i used to get mine till the upgrade happened.

youngsyp

Try www.motorsportworld.co.uk Cheap as day old chips and excellent service. Oh and they do Pagid and Mintex. I would personally go for Pagid fast road. That's what I have and they stop the car like it hit a wall :shock: :wink:

Cheers

Paul

paz

I've got black diamond disks and pads - I'm aware they're probably not the best, but they're VERY good for what they are.

Paz