Big disk kit

Tony-turbo

has anybody fitted the big disk kit?

I have got 2 disks, and two spacer plates and i cannot for the life of me work out how they are to fit. The four holes in the spacer plates are not threaded but look as if they could of been. Is this right??

Cheers
Tony.

Tony-turbo

no, those ones are the big brake kit, the ones i have are the hi-spec big disk kit which uses the original calipers.

Tony

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
With out seeing them then (I fitted a big brake disc kit on a previous car)

The spacer for the caliper will have 4 holes in it. work out which 2 holes the caliper itself bolts into (probably nut and bolt) , then the other 2 should be holes for the bolts to go through and bolt up to the origional caliper mounting holes.
How many bolts came with it?

DannyGTI-R

I have fitted this kit to my car 6 months ago and it was a bit of a s**t.

From what I can remember-

As Fast Guy said find out where the bracket holes line up, which holes bolt to the caliper.
The bracket bolts to the back of your original mounting points for the caliper,

You will then need to tap one of the holes so it can be bolted from the back with the bolts supplied. The other mounting point for the bracket is already tapped. My bracket needed grinding slightly to help the holes line up.

Once the bracket is mounted it is very stright forward from there. The other side will be a doddle.
From memory its a M12 tap you need, Oh and a tap wrench. Good look

If you are still getting really stuck let me know and i will try and get some pics of mine up for you
cheers