biteing point

nismo-400R

just fitted my rps clutch everythis is fine,its just the biteing point is really low down,is there a way on movin the biteing point up abit?or is it sumthin i just gotta get use to?

MarkTurbo

Have you adjusted the threaded rod on the clutch pedal yet? I set it so theres about an inch of free play at the top ;-)

mad max

MarkTurbo said:
Have you adjusted the threaded rod on the clutch pedal yet? I set it so theres about an inch of free play at the top ;-)
The free play you are on about do you mean the pedal will move a inch before the clutch will start to engage sorry i am thick

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Pain in the back side fiddley job but with patience definately do able.

The biting point as you call it is adjustable by adjusting the position of the rod on the back of the clutch master cylinder.

A pair of long nose pliers, 12mm open ended spanner and a small torch, move the drivers seat back as far as it will go, get on your back and the torch pointing and the end of the clutch pedel. You will see a bright treaded rod attached to the end of the clutch pedal. You will see a 12mm lock nut hold the rod in position, undo the lock nut and attempt to turn the threaded rod in the direction (can't remember which direction off the top of my head) to bring the biting poing a little further off the floor. Just remember to re tighten the lock nut when your done.

Steve

nismo-400R

will i have to take my clutch support bracket off to do this?which way do you turn it?
thanks in advance

Last edited:

MarkTurbo

Max, yes to your question ;-)

nismo-400R said:
i have the bracket from my pudney
Aaaahhhh thats cute, you've got a little pet name for Steve :lol: Whats his name for you...............go on tell us :lol:

MarkTurbo

nismo-400R said:
back to the post :-D ,which way do i turn the rod guys?
Why not get "your Pudney" to come round, take a firm grasp of your rod and slowly twist it for you :shock: :wuss:

If you put your head in the footwell and look at the pedals the rod needs to be turned clockwise ;-)

O

Odin

MarkTurbo said:
Why not get "your Pudney" to come round, take a firm grasp of your rod and slowly twist it for you :shock: :wuss:
LMFAO :thumbsup:

Pudney is well known for his firm grip :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

But has no grasp of reality :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob