Blazt cable problems

matt0702

HI
I have recently bought the blazt cable and when connected everything appears to work fine except for the speedometer.

No matter what speed i am doing it always reads 0 mph even the the revometer and other guages are working.

I have been told that a wire from the speedometer to ecu could have been cut as a crude way of delimiting the car. However the limiter is still working ???

I have also checked the cable and software on a 200sx and all works fine.

Any suggestions guys

thanks

marcymarc

I think you could to with a chat with micra ed , this is his kind of field, send him a pm he'll help you out matey.

antgtir

I presume your speedo actually reads a speed and shows it via movement of the needle?

Not sure but is this something that will happen if your speed sensor is broken?

Ant.

matt0702

The speedo does work and moves with no stuttering or flicking and appears to be reasonably accurate.

I will try micra ed

cheers

antgtir

Id check the wires from the block inside the fuse compartment through to your ECU if you can to ensure there aren't any breaks in the wires, you never know.

I must admit ive not had any issues at all with mine.

Ant.

Jonesy

The speedometer reading doesnt work on my car either with the blazt cable, but it does with my dads car. I think the speedometer wire has been cut going to my ecu. So i doubt its a problem with the blazt cable / software.