Bleeding brake system.

L

LoXy

Hi, this week end iam looking to bleed the brake system out. I would like to know if the rear brakes are bleed the same way as the fronts, or you have to use ur abs to do that.

my friend has a cossie and he has to turn on the abs to bleed his rear brakes. would it be the same as his way or the normal foot brake way?

thx
regards, LoX

Keira

unlike you retard...no :wink:

i do it the exact way it says to do it on my one man bleed kit with no problems what-so-ever. This is the normal way of working furthest from the master cylinder in.

if you have to go trawling through old posts to prove something to yourself it goes to show what a mong you really are :roll:

Dooie Pop Pop said:
on another note...if you're going to try and be a smart @rse learn to f o o king spell :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

:lol: not quite, am baby sittin so am typin in a hurry. its not an old post i read it the other day and thought i remembered different. and seeing as brake bleeding is on my list of things to do this week i read back a bit futher just to be sure I had it right :wink: its called research and cross referencing.

nice to see you were man enough to admit you were wrong though :wink: :lol:

thanks for the tip about the abs too people :wink:

Keira

Dooie Pop Pop said:
nice to see you were man enough to admit you were wrong though :wink: :lol:
think you will find it makes no difference matey :roll:

anyway, lets keep our fingers crossed you dont make a dogs d i c k of doing it as it would be a real shame if the world lost its only talking doggie poo poo due to brake failure :shock:

Dooie Pop Pop

LMAO! me too. normally get my pad supplier to do the work on my brakes cos he fits for free 8)

im just swapping the fluid from dot 4 to dot 5.1

C

chris-b

hay stu-let us no if you have found any difference with dot 5.1--am interested in this!

Dooie Pop Pop

sure will do. think main difference is its supposed to be more water resistent and have a higher boiling point. dont take my word for it though im from essex you know :wink:

C

chris-b

no your right. this type of fluid doesn't absorb water like super dot 4 (i think!)
and yet boiling poits alot higher. what brake setup you got at mo...i cant remember! :?

JIMMYBACK

Dooie Pop Pop said:
sure will do. think main difference is its supposed to be more water resistent and have a higher boiling point. dont take my word for it though im from essex you know :wink:
pmsl :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

standard calipers, braided hoses, oe sized grooved blackdiamond disks and black diamond pads ( not badged bd, same situation as hks and denso plugs. cheaper for same :D ) will let you know how i get on :wink:

regards, stu